Senior Microwave Test Technician
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Signal Solutions, Inc. specializes in communications-surveillance products that meld both RF and DSP technologies and is a leading worldwide supplier of high-quality signal-intercept equipment. We provide creative RF solutions to the Department of Defense and prime contractors. The facility designs and manufactures HF, VHF, and SHF tuners and receivers, demodulators, direction finders and wireless intercept solutions.
Job Location: Germantown, MD
Job Title: Senior Microwave Test Technician
Microwave Test Technician will support our design and manufacturing efforts. Will utilize excellent computer skills and knowledge of RF/microwave circuits to setup, test, tune, and troubleshoot microwave circuit card assemblies to component level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support to engineers and scientist on a variety of complex components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment
- Perform set-up and testing of circuit cards using test procedures, computer based programs and various microwave test equipment
- Work from complex wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches and running sheets of significant complexity
- Interpret and follow written documents such as SOPs and safety rules
- Follow procedures for test of assigned product assemblies and record data in various databases
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification
- Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of information and materials
- Troubleshoot/Tune RF/microwave circuit cards and modules to the component level
- Knowledge to tune preselectors and troubleshoot up/down conversions
- Recognize and communicate to supervisor on test difficulties and/or product faults in a clear, concise and timely manner
- Exhibit demonstrated flexibility across different test equipment platforms and products
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related technical field and 5+ years' experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Have a good working knowledge of microwave and analog RF circuits
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, and repairing circuit cards to component level
- Experience with lab equipment (include but not limited to spectrum analyzers, signal generators, network analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.)
- Must have experience with circuits up to 25ghz.
- Have the knowledge to tune preselectors and troubleshoot up/down conversions
- Microwave/RF synthesizers knowledge is a plus but not necessary.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #AIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC