Service Parts Specialist
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier Business Aircraft’s Wichita Service Center is located at the original Learjet manufacturing site in the Air Capital of the World. The facility is equipped to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, as well as interior modifications, avionics installations, paint and provide Aircraft on Ground (AOG) support for Bombardier Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft. The facility added 38,000 sq ft of hangar space in 2015, bringing its total square footage to 113,000 and enabling the facility to service more aircraft, including Global aircraft. And in 2018, the Wichita Service Center became home to one of two of Bombardier’s Mobile Response Team Maintenance Control Centers, working in conjunction with Bombardier’s Customer Response Center, which operates 24/7 to streamline customer requests and optimize maintenance support. The Service Center has received certifications from FAA, EASA, Aruba, Canada, Bermuda, Cayman Islands and Mexico.
In your role, you will:
Screen incoming and outgoing materials, distribute materials, and maintain inventory of purchased and manufactured parts, materials, tools, and ground support equipment (GSE).
• Receive and visually check all incoming parts for physical damage
• Reconcile accompanying shipping documents with actual parts and materials received
• Stock materials in the proper location for later distribution
• Issue hand tools, machine tools, dies, and/or rental equipment to aircraft operators, and/or authorized personnel
• Package all items for shipment in the appropriate manner, complying with requirements for priority items, Aircraft-On-the-Ground (AOG), hazardous regulations, import/export regulations, spares, and/or production
• Maintain accurate inventory of transactions using computerized inventory and manual filing systems
• Assist in loading/unloading shipments
• Determine priority items to ensure timely routing
• Complete in a timely manner AOG sales orders and/or Repair Station Work Orders
• Assist in cycle count, perpetual, and work-in-progress inventories as required by assigned area
• Prepare and publish shortage reports for Material Support as required by assigned area
• Reorder materials, tools, GSE, and/or inventory supplies with regards to aircraft delivery schedules and/or maintenance
• Salvage materials, tools, and GSE for resharpening and coordinate recertification as required by assigned area
• Assist in marshaling service bulletins and repair drawings as required by assigned area
• Maintain a file on service bulletins as required by assigned area
• Locate, prepare, and transport equipment, personal tools, materials, and/or inventory supplies to appropriate location
• Maintain inventory and stock rotobins and operating supplies throughout assigned areas using checklists, personal communications, and periodic visual checks
• Assist other employees in the performance of their duties within area(s) of qualification
As our ideal candidate,
• You have a Valid Kansas Class C Drivers License
• You have the ability to operate computer applications within a windows environment including keyboarding skills
• You are able to use conventional hand tools operating motorized vehicles
• You are able to work in an environment with frequent exposure to general shop conditions and machine noise
• You are able to work in an environment with frequent exposure to seasonal weather
• You are able to work in an environment where your job location may be in a non-air-conditioned hangar or work area
• You have the ability to gather, interpret, and record data to assure inventory accuracy
• You have the ability to use computers to input and retrieve data for Inventory Management
• You have basic knowledge of FAA regulations concerning Airworthiness Approval Tag (e.g. FAA Form 8130-3), traceability, and shipping of hazardous materials
• You have the ability to operate push carts and powered vehicles, for example, forklift, sidewinder, truck/van, and electric cart
• You have thorough knowledge of handling and shipping hazardous materials as required by assigned area
• You have basic knowledge of inventory transactions
• You have basic knowledge of Production and Repair Station System inventory processes
Bombardier is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other personal characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC