At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
- Implement new functionality in existing Web Application
- Supporting customers and internal teams through log analysis and software debugging
- Work in a team environment and execute scheduled assignments. Report written and verbal status on progress of assignments
- Reviews requirement, architecture, design, and existing implementations
- Develop code for the defined requirements
- Review software code bug and enhancement tickets, and provide input for those tickets
- Perform code reviews and feedback of other developers code
- Gather information and metrics to support software project management and leadership as requested
- Prepare status reports for review by more experienced personnel. Archive data and reports as required
- Perform technology research and applies in proof of concept or prototype projects
- Provide Tier 3 technical support of critical day of operations applications
- Enable legacy code base to support new cloud technologies such as containerization, clusters, High Availability, Disaster Recovery in multiple cloud platforms such as Azure or Amazon Web Service
- Required Experience in the following Technologies or Programming Languages:
- Proven skills developing software systems in Java
- Web Technologies Development
- Web Services and UI Development
- Apache and Tomcat
- Computer literate with Windows environments MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio
- Clear understanding of Object Oriented Programming Concepts
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience, 9 years related work experience, etc.).
- Required Other Skills
- Good communicator (in English)
- Good technical writing skills for architecture and design descriptions
- Enterprise Software Design
- Unit Testing
- Design Patterns
- Software Documentation
- Agile or Iterative Development
- Team Collaboration
- Other Desired Skills
- Knowledge of SAFe methodology/Agile environment a plus!
- Knowledge of Commercial, Military and Business Aviation Flight Planning Systems
- Cloud Technologies / Deployments
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Services Oriented Architecture
- Aviation and Flight Planning knowledge is a plus
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Applicable and appropriate educational/certification credentials from an accredited institution and/or equivalent experience is required.