Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians, skilled scientists and thinkers, bold innovators and dreamers.
Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
We are currently looking for a talented Solution architect to be a part of our Core Architecture team and be that technical leader that will help us design, develop and deploy architectural solutions. It is an exciting time to be a Solution Architect on our team as we are defining what the future strategy of our systems will be and this truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
You would work as team member alongside the Product Leads, Technical Leads and other supporting team members to deliver solutions that help the Boeing Company build safer, better, and more efficient airplanes.
You would be a member of a team of technical leaders that are responsible for creating the technology strategy (Mobile, Web, Data, Cloud, Additive Manufacturing, etc.) of current and future systems. Leading design discussions and mentoring engineers on proper platform and application solutions. Publishing and presenting to technology leaders and business executives. Providing leadership around technical solutions and collaborating with other technologists on creating cross-domain solutions.
Additional responsibilities would include:
- Solution Ideation
- Assist business in the scoping and planning of upcoming projects by using a design thinking approach.
- Solution Architecture and Design
- Legacy application rationalization
- As Is and To Be modelling
- Participate/Lead in producing the solutions conceptual architecture and associated artifacts
- Develop logical architecture of solution components based on conceptual architecture/design
- Advice/Mentor on Technical and Functional Design
- Provide advice and guidance to team leads regarding technical and functional design decisions
- Collaborate across domains to design/deliver larger scoped initiatives
- Lead experience in application development (Java ) 8+ years
- Deep knowledge of database design, data architecture and comparison to relational databases
- Deep knowledge of SOA and WebServices – REST/Restful
- Understanding of Micro Services and 12 Factor authoring
- Experience in Agile framework and DevOps
- Understanding of Cloud technologies – Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Azure
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to fail fast, learn and pivot
- Experience with Engineering and/or Manufacturing domain is a plus
- Ability to develop community of practices to facilitate discussions with technical team to drive improvement and efficiencies.
- Ability to work with engineers and executives.
- Focus on the total cost of ownership of a technology or service.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified. This requisition is for an international, locally hired position.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in India. Boeing will not seek immigration and labor sponsorship for any applicants; this is the responsibility of the job candidate. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S.-based payroll. RELOCATION BENEFITS IF INDICATED ARE LIMITED TO IN-COUNTRY MOVES AND ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS RELOCATION. THERE IS NO EXPATRIATE PACKAGE ASSOCIATED
WITH THIS POSITION.
- Bachelors degree with 8 -12 years related work experience.
- Lead experience in application development (Java).
- Experience in Agile framework and DevOps.