Sr. Environmental Health and Safety Specialist
DRS Technologies •
DRS Daylight Solutions is a subsidiary of Leonardo DRS. Our mission at DRS Daylight Solutions is to be the leading provider of best in class, mid-infrared sources and systems for defense, commercial, and research markets. Our global leadership position in advanced, mid-IR technology means that DRS Daylight Solutions customers benefit from a sustainable, competitive advantage in molecular detection and imaging applications.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A., which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture, which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
In 2005, three high-tech entrepreneurs founded DRS Daylight Solutions in San Diego, California, with the goal of developing breakthrough technologies and products around the company’s core technology: mid-IR quantum cascade lasers (QCLs). Since then, the company has introduced three groundbreaking products.
Are you an innovator that wants to be part of the solution? We’re looking for pioneers who bring great ideas from concept to reality. DRS Daylight Solutions culture is family oriented, innovative, and collaborative. We enjoy working hard and have fun doing it. Our motto is to protect with light.
Job Location: San Diego, CA
Performs duties for Environmental and Health & Safety (EH&S) and Ergonomics programs at multiple sites. Provides guidance and technical support to site management and employees on activities that may have environmental or safety impacts. Position required to assist in Facilities Head to research, create, develop and maintain Environmental and Health & Safety Programs, policies and training.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs daily activities focused on Environmental Protection and Employee Health & Safety including ergonomic evaluations.
- Preparation of Safety Data Sheets (SDS), labels and other documentation as needed.
- Aids management with safety and regulatory audits.
- Oversees and performs the handling and disposal of hazardous waste.
- Responsible for shipping, handling, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Responsible for generating documentation for chemical orders, SDS, EH&S programs, Training, etc.
- Supports, communicates, reinforces and defends the mission, values and culture of the organization.
- Implements effective EH&S preventative maintenance programs to ensure the stewardship of DRS personnel and assets.
- Responds to problems and issues in a tactful and expedient manner.
- Performs EH&S facilities inspections and reporting requirements.
- Collects EH&S data and generates reports and metrics.
- Assists with Facilities projects when appropriate
- Travels to additional DLS facilities to develop and implement EH&S programs
- Bachelor’s degree in EH&S, Science or related field preferred with a minimum of 5+ years of experience in an Environmental or Health & Safety position.
- Experience with OSHA and other regulatory agencies preferred.
- Experience with health physics and laser safety officer preffered.
- Current annual compliance training strongly preferred (DOT, HAZWOPER).
- Strong oral and written communication, organization and customer service skills are mandatory.
- Must have excellent PC-based computer skills.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Prefer an active DoD Security Clearance or must be able to obtain a Clearance.
- Lifting: yes 20 lbs 0-25
- Walking: yes 0-25
- Climbing: yes 0-10
- Bending: yes 0-10
- Sitting: yes 0-75
- Standing: yes 0-10
- Stooping: yes 0-10
- Kneeling: yes 0-10
- Travel: yes 10-25
Candidate must be a US Citizen and meet DRS security standards as imposed by DoD, including the issuance of any necessary security clearance by US government within reasonable time after commencement of employment.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. DLS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC