At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Infrastructure team in the Virtual Warfare Center (VWC) is seeking a Sr. IT Versatile Technologist join the team in Arlington, VA.
This IT professional will be interested in working difficult problems at the front end of the business. The IT professional will be involved with Windows/Linux Servers and Windows Workstations. Audio/Visual systems design, support, architecture, and maintenance on a variety of delivery systems. Our infrastructure team is responsible for the planning, budget, project management, installation, support, and operations of our world class modeling and simulation facilities which are located across the United States. Customer focus is primary in this fast paced environment, along with the willingness to support a wide range of technologies.
- Windows/Linux Servers and Windows Workstations
- Audio/Visual systems design, support, architecture, and maintenance on a variety of delivery systems
- Responsible for the planning, budget, project management, installation, support, and operations of our world class modeling and simulation facilities which are located across the United States
- Customer focus is primary in this fast paced environment, along with the willingness to support a wide range of technologies
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 10 Years’ experience in installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and administering Windows systems. Server / Desktop
- Current Top Secret with SCI
- End-to-end (hardware and software ) support of :
- Windows as well as Desktop & Laptop devices
- High Performance Computing Systems
- Problem troubleshooting and resolution
- A solid understanding of an operating system; paging, inter process communications, devices, file system concepts
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Basic network knowledge.
- A solid understanding of distributed computing environment concepts
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Resource must be knowledgeable and experienced with networked printers.
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.