Technician I Manufacturing - 2nd Shift
DRS Technologies •
LEONARDO DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Washington, DC, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
LEONARDO DRS Electro Optical Infrared Systems (EOIS) has locations in Dallas, TX, Melbourne, FL, and Cypress, CA. We develop, manufacture, and support infrared and electro-optical solutions for soldiers, ground vehicles and airborne platforms. We offer an exciting and challenging work environment, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a business culture that rewards performance.
Employing the world’s brightest. Supporting the world’s bravest.
Provides routine technical support to engineers and scientists on testing standard components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment.
p>Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
- Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalency
- Pass a back ground check
- Experience in handling small delicate components using ESD practices
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making and leadership skills.
- Must be experienced in the safe handling of chemicals.
- Experienced in the use of various computer applications, including Access, Excel, and Labview.
- Must have good hand and eye coordination
- 2 years industry experience in assembling electronics or semiconductor components.
- Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, Outlook).
- Performs electro-mechanical assembly, disassembly and rework. Some test and repair of various electronic products and mechanical assemblies.
- Work from complex wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches and running sheets of significant complexity
- Associate degree in electronics is desired but not required.
- Epoxy dispensing experience
- Soldering experience
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides routine technical support to engineers and scientists on standard components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment
- Responsibilities may include testing, modifying, reworking, repairing, and building electronic, optical or mechanical assemblies.
- Work from standard wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches
- Design and/or test prototype assemblies and production units
- Capable of performing related manufacturing processes
- Interpret and follow documents such as SOPs and safety rules
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification
- Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of information and materials
- Perform Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet production deadlines
- Quality of finished product (Pass/fail rates)
- Raw material stock levels
- Compliance outcomes
- Position requires the ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
- Ability to read, and possibly develop, wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion, and directs personnel performing routine installation and maintenance duties
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, walking and the ability to lift up to 40 lbs. is required.
- Lifting is ≤ 1% of job requirement.
- Access to different parts of equipment requires range of physical mobility.
- Office and documentation 10-15% of time.
- Light manufacturing up to 80% of time.
- Travel and heavy manufacturing ≤ 5% of time.
Only candidates that meet the qualifications as outlined above will be contacted for further information.
Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only US citizens are eligible for a Security Clearance.
LEONARDO DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC