Technician I Test
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS NIS is located on the East coast of Florida in Melbourne. DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DRS NIS manufactures rugged communications interfaces serving military Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence and Surveillance (C4ISR) initiatives. Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications. DRS specializes in equipment that allows communication between broad spectrums of battlefield interfaces.
Job Title: Technician I Manufacturing
Job Location- Melbourne, FL
Provides routine technical support to engineers and scientists on standard components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides routine technical support to engineers and scientists on standard components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment
- Responsibilities may include testing, modifying, reworking, repairing, and building electronic, optical or mechanical assemblies.
- Work from standard wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches
- Design and/or test prototype assemblies and production units
- Capable of performing related manufacturing processes
- Interpret and follow documents such as SOPs and safety rules
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification
- Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of information and materials
- Perform Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet production deadlines
- Quality of finished product (Pass/fail rates)
- Raw material stock levels
- Compliance outcomes
- Position requires the ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
- Ability to read, and possibly develop, wiring diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications for system or equipment modifications or expansion, and directs personnel performing routine installation and maintenance duties
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making and leadership skills.
- Experienced handling small delicate components, using ESD practices
- Soldering and wire bonding experience a plus.
- Must be experienced in the safe handling of chemicals.
- Experienced in the use of various computer applications, including Access, Excel, and Labview.
- Experience with MRP a plus.
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Walking, Bending, Stooping kneeling etc)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC