Technician II Manufacturing
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com.
DRS NIS is located on the East coast of Florida in Melbourne. DRS NIS is a leading designer and manufacturer of highly engineered, technically advanced, defense electronics for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DRS NIS manufactures rugged communications interfaces serving military Command, Control, Communications, Computer, Intelligence and Surveillance (C4ISR) initiatives. Products include hand-held devices, targeting scopes, night vision optics, laptop computers and vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and fighting vehicle applications. DRS specializes in equipment that allows communication between broad spectrums of battlefield interfaces.
Job Title: Technician II manufacturing
Provide technical support to engineers and scientist on moderately complex components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to engineers and scientist on moderately complex components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment
- Responsible for testing, modifying, reworking, and repairing electronic, optical and mechanical assemblies
- Work from moderately complex wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches
- Design and test prototype assemblies and production units
- Use judgment in re-working or re-wiring to bring unit within quality control specifications
- Testing, inspection, and repairing of electronic, optical or mechanical assemblies
- Works under minimal supervision and may provide guidance to other technicians
- Capable of performing related manufacturing processes
- Interpret and follow written documents such as SOPs and safety rules
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification
- May assist in training new team members
- Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of information and materials
- Perform Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet production deadlines
- Quality of finished product (Pass/fail rates)
- Raw material stock levels
- Compliance outcomes
Basic Qualifications (include education and years of experience required)
- Position requires the ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Performs electro-mechanical assembly, disassembly and rework Some test and repair of various electronic products and mechanical assemblies
- Work from complex wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches and running sheets of significant complexity
- Performs standard testing on most all product lines and records results
- Requires no supervision to perform duties and to complete tasks
- Operator is observant and flexible and can move to a variety of test stations to meet production deadlines as required
Physical Requirements (Lifting, Walking, Bending, Stooping kneeling etc)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, walk, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
DRS Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC