Technician II/III Test
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo SpA which employs more than 45,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Sustainment Systems Inc.
DRS Sustainment Systems, Inc. (DRS-SSI) is a Leonardo DRS Line of Business (LOB) headquartered in St. Louis, MO. It is a full service supplier of diversified defense systems, products and support for the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and other international defense customers. From conceptual design through manufacturing to integrated logistics support, DRS-SSI has a more than 50-year tradition of providing quality systems and products while meeting customer’s demands for innovation, efficiency and quality. The business unit also includes a 100-acre heavy equipment manufacturing facility in West Plains, MO. The performance of DRS-SSI’s St. Louis operation has been recognized by the Government and industrial customers with numerous awards including: Preferred Supplier Certification, Medallion of Service Award, Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Certification of Recognition, and Blue Ribbon Awards. We operate on a 9/80 work schedule.
Job Location – St. Louis, MO
DRS Sustainment Systems is seeking a Full Time Test Technician II/III. The ideal candidate will provide technical support to engineers and scientist on a variety of complex components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical support to engineers and scientist on a variety of complex components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment
- Work from complex wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches and running sheets of significant complexity
- Interpret and follow written documents such as SOPs and safety rules
- Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification
- Lead training new team members
- Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of information and materials
- Perform Key Performance Indicators:
- Meet production deadlines
- Quality of finished product (Pass/fail rates)
- Raw material stock levels
- Compliance outcomes
- Diagnose cause of electrical, optical or mechanical malfunction or failure of operational equipment and performs preventative and corrective maintenance
- Modifies a variety of complex electrical prototypes to correct functional deviations
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Performs standard testing processes on a variety of equipment and recording results
- Requires an Associate’s degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in the field or in a related area
- Minimum 2 years Experience with repair and test of Military or Civil Aviation Radar Systems Line replaceable units (LRU’s), and Service Replaceable Units ( SRU’s)
- This includes Receivers, Transmitters, and Magnetrons repairs, replacement and alignment.
- Competent in Printed Circuit Card repair to component level.
- X band and KU band Antenna level Repair/Rebuild and Test including dish alignment and boresighting.
- Testing of X and KU band waveguide assemblies including insertion loss, Vertical Standing Wave Ratio (VSWR) and phase matching of multiple channel signals using vector network test equipment.
- Must demonstrate strong decision-making and leadership skills.
- Experienced handling small delicate components, using ESD practices
- Soldering and wire bonding experience a plus.
- Must be experienced in the safe handling of chemicals.
- Experienced in the use of various computer applications, including Access, Excel, and Labview.
- Experience with MRP a plus.
- Must have good mechanical skills
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. #LSY
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC