Test Technician - F9
Manufacturing and Production - Technicians and Trade Skills
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TEST TECHNICIAN – F9
- Production test support for pneumatic tests of flight hardware.
- Use of a variety of hand tools, high pressure pumps and protective equipment
- Working with high pressure gases (Helium and Nitrogen) as well and Liquid Nitrogen
- Analyze test data to meet acceptance criteria established by engineering
- Use a variety of computer software programs for controlling tests.
- Layout, fabrication, assembly, and installation of experimental and production flight hardware for master mock-ups, full scale operating models, and test assemblies.
- Repair or replacement of flight hardware due to engineering design changes and test failures.
a or GED required.
Minimum 1 year of experience developing tooling such as form blocks, drill jigs, and shop aids.
Minimum 1 year of experience utilizing various hand tools and precision measuring equipment.
Minimum 2 years of experience working with high pressure (>1000psi) gases.
Experience reading and understanding drawings and schematics.
Experience running various tests in one of these areas: electrical, structural or pressure tests.
Experience with computer based data analysis.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Extensive experience in structural assembly.
- Operating high-pressure test carts for pneumatic testing.
- Experience running tests with Labview is a plus.
- Some college classwork.
- Knowledge/experience with actuators, plumbing (hydraulic/pneumatic – both set up and operation of these systems).
- Knowledge/experience with pressure systems-cryogenic (gaseous and liquid).
- Knowledge/experience with hydrostatic systems.
- Knowledge/experience working with electrical components and/or systems.
- Ability to travel to different sites, as needed. Up to 5%.
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg.
- Must be able to work all shifts and be available for overtime and weekends as needed.
- Repetitive assembly operations, grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours min.
- Ability to work in outdoor environments as needed.
- Position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC