Test Technician IV (Troubleshooter)
DRS Technologies •
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 47,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Leonardo DRS is committed to being an employer of choice of a highly qualified, diverse, effective, and productive workforce.
For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.LeonardoDRS.com.
Provides routine technical support to engineers on testing standard components, devices, material, products, processes and/or equipment.
Basic Qualifications and Required Skills
• 8+ years of experience in the Manufacturing Industry.
• Associates Degree required or equivalent education and experience.
• Advanced understanding in electronics (DC, AC, Analog, Digital).
• Soldering (J-STD-001, 610, 620, 7711, 7721) certification or experience preferred
• Advanced knowledge of CCA Boards, detector/microchip technology, and component level troubleshooting and repair.
• Advanced knowledge of industry specific tests and testing equipment, alignment and troubleshooting test failures.
• Experienced of handling small delicate components, using ESD practices
• Experienced in the safe handling of chemicals.
• Advanced in Microsoft Office (WORD, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Experienced in working under a microscope
• Experience in handling small delicate components using ESD practices
• Assembly experience of products and mechanically inclined
• Demonstrate high level of leadership
• Pass a back ground check
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsibilities will include testing electrical assemblies
• Work from complex wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches and running sheets of significant complexity
• Work from standard wiring and assembly drawings, operation sheets, engineering specifications and sketches
• Perform basic assembly of some products. Provide feedback to engineers on assembly issues.
• Design and/or test prototype assemblies and production units
• Capable of performing related manufacturing processes
• Interpret and follow documents such as SOPs, shop process lists, and manuals of instruction
• Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements applicable to the company in accordance with State and Federal regulations and any applicable certification required to maintain the certification
• Interface with other departments to assure efficient flow of information and materials
• Advanced experience in calibrations, maintenance, and troubleshooting of test equipment
• Advanced level of analysis of data from test sets and provide in-depth feedback to engineering or production supervisors
• Advanced in recognizing process deviations and help identify root causes and corrective actions.
• Position requires the ability to coordinate several activities at the same time, and to reprioritize in response to changing operational conditions
• Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
• Other jobs as assigned
• Trained in assembly work as needed
• Perform Key Performance Indicators:
• Meet production deadlines
• Quality of finished product (Pass/fail rates)
• Raw material stock levels
• Compliance outcomes
• Flexibility to work on off schedules when asked
- Lifting 0-20 lbs – 0-25%
- Walking – 0-50%
- Standing – 0-25%
- Sitting – 0-50%
- Bending – 0-10%
- Stooping – 0-10%
- Climbing – 0-10%
- Kneeling – 0-10%
Leonardo DRS and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #EOIS
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC