Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.Job Description:
- Translate aerospace technical/engineering documents and communications and provide language interpretation during meetings, teleconferences, reviews and training.
- Develop working knowledge of program subject matter and maintain reference materials to support translation and interpretation processes. Industrial cooperation and manufacturing environment experience and background are required.
- Confer with writers, company team members, business partners, external customers and other technical experts to ensure the technical accuracy and the intended meaning of the communication is clearly conveyed.
- Advise internal team members with knowledge of national and business cultures and customers to support meetings.
- Develop and manage the company’s translation supplier network. Coordinate with external agencies to carry out translation/interpretation activities per management’s direction.
- Travel to various domestic and international locations to support meetings as needed.
- Carry out other support as requested by the management and senior team members as appropriate
- Develop suggestions and recommended solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity. Refer to policies, procedures, and practices for guidance. Ability to develop solutions to a variety of complex problems referencing established precedents and policies.
- Follow guidance and internationally established code of ethics for translators/interpreters: maintain strictest confidentiality, professional conduct, competence, professional development, remain impartial and accurately convey message without intentionally adding or deleting content.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This requisition is for an international, locally hired position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the country where the position is located. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not on Boeing US-based payroll.