Tube Bender (Starship) - Temporary
Manufacturing and Production - Technicians and Trade Skills
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
TUBE BENDER (STARSHIP) – TEMPORARY
- Coordinate activity with technicians and support functions through all tube bending operations, including tube prep, flaring, CNC bending, inspection and cleaning
- Set-up, operate and supervise operation of all tube bending equipment while working to close tolerances
- Work closely with engineering to prove out designs to blueprint with minimum fixtures and short schedules
- Solve tube fitment issues and document changes for further development work
- Develop and manage actions to improve both quality and productivity
- Engage the tube bending team in Hawthorne to replicate best practices and support functions in regular meetings to share information, deliver expectations and to drive improvement actions.
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 6 months
- LOCATION: Brownsville, TX
- SHIFT: 1st shift or 2nd shift
a or GED equivalent
1+ years of tube bending experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with thin walled tubing
- Experience working with inconel, titanium, aluminum, nickel and stainless steel
- Experience with CNC bending machines and control systems – preferable Pines and/or Horn bending machines
- Previous training in lean/continuous improvement tools
- Ability to set up and operate tube fabrication equipment
- Ability to interpret blue prints and articulate work instructions
- Knowledge of tube cleaning requirements for aerospace
- Knowledge of orbital tube welding (OTW)
- Experience with manual tubing benders
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Ability to work multiple shifts and change shifts with minimal notice
- Ability to travel to different sites, as needed, up to 20% travel (Brownsville, TX (78521) will be the main site to report to for all non-travel work)
- Ability to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
- Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50 lbs.) unassisted
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small openings and climbing hand over hand
- Ability to work at elevated heights (up to 100 feet)
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)