Vehicle Integration Technician (Starship) - Temporary
Launch - Technicians and Trade Skills
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
VEHICLE INTEGRATION TECHNICIAN (STARSHIP) - TEMPORARY POSITION
The vehicle integration technician is responsible for the integration of all secondary structure, avionics, and stage propulsion components and systems to the vehicle’s primary structure. The task requires both avionics and mechanical integration skills along with pneumatic and avionics checkout activity.
- Stage, set up, assemble, test and install flight hardware
- Use precision calibrated tools
- Hands on operations with both large and small fragile assemblies
- Heavy rigging for large assemblies
- Operation of personnel platforms (boom lifts, scissor lifts, etc.)
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and work instructions
- Perform work according to procedures, specifications, and test instructions
- Use various mechanical tools without prior instruction
- Collaborate with production engineers to develop and document integration processes
- Ensure all production services are performed on time, safely and in a professional manner
- Perform fluids and pneumatic testing
This is a temporary position with SpaceX, for the length of time as stated, and is subject to change with minimal notice as business needs dictate.
- LENGTH OF POSITION: 12 Months
- LOCATION: Brownsville, TX
- SHIFT: 1st, must be available for overtime and weekends as the schedule varies depending on site operational needs; flexibility is required
High school diploma or GED required
3+ years of professional propulsion or avionics hardware installation experience
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- FAA Airframe and PowerPlant license
- Experience in the aerospace industry, aviation, military or other high-reliability operating environment
- Experience with forklifts, cranes and heavy transport equipment
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices, mechanical and electrical systems, and propulsion engines
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- Proficient with computers and the ability to use MS Office
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Must be able to lift at least 35 lbs unassisted
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%. Position is based in Brownsville, TX, however work at other SpaceX facilities for extended periods for similar work may be required
- Must be able to climb ladders and work in confined spaces
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and weekends as needed.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC