Vehicle Integration Technician - 2nd Shift
Launch - Technicians and Trade Skills
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
VEHICLE INTEGRATION TECHNICIAN - 2ND SHIFT
- Stage, set up, assemble, test, and install flight hardware
- Hands-on operations with both large as well as small, fragile assemblies
- Use various mechanical tools without instruction
- Maintain and install fluid system components from a schematic or drawing including ball and check valves, pressure regulators and gauges, etc.
- Troubleshoot operational issues found during activation of fluid and mechanical systems including but not limited to hydraulic systems, high-pressure nitrogen and helium systems, and cryogenic systems
- Work with a team of technicians and engineers to ensure systems and mechanical equipment is built with the highest level of quality to support the successful launch of our multi million dollar launch vehicle. Core traits that empower this success are strong written and oral communication skills, a meticulous attention to detail, an emphasis on safety, cleanliness, adherence to corporate policies and standards, and the ability to work with a team
High school diploma or GED equivalent
2+ years of relevant professional experience interpreting technical data and using manual and powered tools
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree in aerospace technology or equivalent area of study
- Experience working in a clean room environment
- Knowledge of pressure, temperature, and flow measurement devices
- Experience maintaining a propulsion test stand in the aerospace industry
- Experience working at a rocket launch facility and supporting launch campaigns
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting complex fluid and mechanical systems
- Military aviation experience as a propulsion or airframe technician
- Skill in operating and manipulating machinery and various hand and power tools requiring manual dexterity
- Experience with forklifts, cranes, and heavy equipment
- Familiarity with calibrated measurement devices including load cells, multimeters, calipers, torque wrenches, depth gauges, and micrometers
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- This position requires working from 4 PM - 2:30 AM
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs. unassisted
- Lifting, standing, climbing, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Must be able to work at elevated heights (up to 300 feet), including the use of ladders
- Must be willing to operate heavy machinery
- Must be able to work in confined spaces
- Typically exposed to work in extreme outdoor environments – heat, cold, rain, ice
- Work performed in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC