At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Help create the ground station of the future for unmanned vehicles. Find your future with us!
The Boeing Company is currently seeking Software Engineers to join the Vehicle Management System (VMS) group located in St. Louis, Mo.
These Vehicle Management Systems (VMS) engineers will provide mission critical guidance and control for a wide variety of Boeing fixed wing, weapons and proprietary programs. Work will be performed at the Boeing St. Louis area campus locations supporting Boeing Phantom Works, Strike, Surveillance and Mobility (SSM), and other business areas.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assists with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system
- Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Gathers information to support software project management
- Documents deployed processes and tools and collect metrics
- Supports software research and development projects
- Troubleshoots basic software issues
- Works under close supervision
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
- Experience with and knowledge of real time embedded system architectures and designs
- Real time software domain knowledge including common programming languages used in real time systems
- Minimum of 5 years or more experience developing real time embedded software components
- Ada, C, C++ coding experience
- Experience developing VMS software and / or associated real time simulation systems
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years related work experience)
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.