Water Jet Operator - 2nd Shift
Launch - Technicians and Trade Skills
SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
WATER JET OPERATOR - 2ND SHIFT
- Program and operate water jets
- Experience with proper start-up and shut-down of water jets
- Must be able to program and set-up using proper garnet and mixing nozzles
- Generate multiple part nesting’s and print layouts
- Troubleshoot program, offset, and condition settings and adjust corrections
- Work in accordance to established safety rules and good housekeeping practices
- Work on additional equipment or tasks outside the job description as directed by the floor supervisor for production needs or continuous improvement
- Accurately record time and production numbers daily/report scrap
2+ years of professional experience programming and operating water jets
Experience with overhead cranes, basic hand tools, tape measure, calipers, micrometers, air grinders, etc.
Experience with DXF, DWG and various print file types
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years of professional experience leading machine and equipment maintenance
- Experience with CNC machine operation
- Able to navigate documentation from production records and database
- Able to identify material types and thickness as associated to work orders
- Able to read interpret blueprints and understand part tolerances per print specification
- Must be willing to travel extensively to remote sites for initial build and upgrades
- Ability to pass Air Force background check for Cape Canaveral
- Must be able to lift 25lbs. unassisted, bend stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run
- Must be willing to work overtime, night shift, day shift, and on weekends if needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC