Aircraft Painting Apprentice
Landlocked Aviation Services •
Join the fast paced, exciting and rapidly growing aviation industry! Seeking aircraft painting apprentices. Earn while you learn! We are looking for people interested in a career versus a job. Must be able to work flexible shifts (days, nights, weekends, holidays). Must be able to pass background and drug tests.
The Aircraft Support Technician performs general tasks such as washing and cleaning exterior and interior of aircraft, sanding and/or stripping of aircraft coatings, and other duties assigned by supervision.
Primary responsibilities are:
- Performs bonding of metallic or nonmetallic materials to fabricate parts and/or for repair applications using products and processes which are varied but generally not complex in scope.
- Must read and interpret blueprints, drawings, manuals, specifications sketches, job orders, planning documents and engineering drawings.
- Determines equipment requirements and the method and sequences of operation to be followed in fabrication of parts using materials such as graphite, fiberglass, plastic, epoxy resins, rubber and like materials.
- Paint removal, metal forming, fastener use, disassembly/reassembly of mechanical components.
- Corrosion removal and surface treatment.
- Selects tooling and materials compatible with the processing techniques identified in the work instructions and documentation of repairs
- Ability to lift 50-75 pounds as needed, standing and bending for continuous periods of time.
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and read and implement instructions from OEM drawings (in English).
- Experience with proper use of tools, torque wrench, equipment utilized in paint and corrosion removal, safety equipment (goggles, respirators, sanding booth), sheet metal tools to form aluminum (shears, brakes, rollers, wheels, and shrinker/stretchers).
- Ability to utilize manufacturers manual and blueprints to properly identify and install fasteners used in assembly operations.
- Expertise in assembly and measuring devices/tools, corrosion types and removal techniques, and use of surface conversion coatings for spot treatment of bare metals.
- Knowledge of repair station procedures and use of paperwork in relation to repair documentation.
Job Ident #:
Landlocked Aviation Services