Low Observable (LO) Mechanic (I, II & III)
M1 Support Services •
• Conducts daily flightline and backshop Low Observable operations.
• Repairs, modifies, fabricates and applies corrosion protective, low observable coatings and markings to aircraft structures, equipment, advanced composites and bonded structural parts.
• Assembles structural parts and components using special fasteners and adhesives to meet requirements for preserving structural integrity and low observable qualities.
• Assesses damage to aircraft structural components and low observable coatings.
• Checks repairs for serviceability according to specifications and technical publications.
• Identifies, removes, and treats corrosion using mechanical and chemical procedures.
• Reads and interprets manufacturers’ and aircraft’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, technical data, engineering data, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing of damaged components.
• Receives technical guidance from supervisors or higher level technicians as required.
• Reviews and completes forms documentation pertinent to maintenance and equipment accomplishments and enters maintenance actions into IMIS, ALIS or applicable MIS system.
• May be required to monitor and lead teams to perform more complex aircraft inspections and repairs.
• Will make entries in aircraft forms, logs, records or electronic equivalent as required.
• High school diploma or GED is required - Mathematics skills are desirable.
• Must speak, read, write, and understand English with the ability to interpret technical data and special operating instructions in the same language.
• Knowledge of principles applying to aircraft systems, concepts and applications of maintenance directives, data reporting, and using technical data is mandatory.
• May be required to provide training and guidance to lower level maintainers and other technicians being cross-utilized from other functions to level workload peaks when they occur.
• Must be able to obtain special certifications as required.
• Must be willing to work overtime, any shift and/or flexible schedules as required to support the workload, mission, and customer requirements.
• Must be willing to deploy to support off-station requirements.
• Performs housekeeping duties within 100 feet of assigned work areas (inc. non-contract bathrooms).
• Performs vehicle use inspections, cleaning and wash.
• Performs any other supportive duties as assigned.
• Must be physically capable of performing all assigned duties.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance (or higher, if required).
• Must be able to, if required, obtain and maintain a government driver’s license. If controlled movement area (CMA) access is required must be able to pass color vision test.
• Environment ranges from office, hangar and flightline and requires extensive climbing, standing, stooping, bending, pushing, kneeling, stretching, and walking demands.
• May be required to work in other work sections throughout the contract where individual possesses required experience, training, and/or certifications.
Job Ident #: