Aviation Academy of America •
Aviation Academy of America, Inc. (VT-AAA) is an FAA Part 141 approved flight school training domestic and international students to become commercial pilots for a career in the aviation field. VT-AAA is based in New Braunfels, Tx and it is part of the Vaayu Group Company.
VT-AAA has taken every effort to list all duties performed by the Employee but expects that the Employee from time to time will be asked to perform duties not listed within the position description.
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position is directly responsible for the day to day operations of flight training. This position reports directly to the VP/General Manager.
- Must have a clear understanding and working knowledge of all FAA Part 61 and 141 regulatory requirements including, but not limited to, manuals, Op Specs, Pilot-Operating Handbook (POH), CFRs, FAA Orders, Airworthiness Directives, Advisory Circulars, handbook Bulletins, Directives, and Manufacturer's recommendations.
- Must meet the requirements of FAA 141.35 Chief Pilot and 141.37 Check Instructor.
- Supervises all flight instructors, training qualifications, airman duties, flight procedures and limitations.
- Monitors and evaluates instructor performance and productivity.
- Oversees continuing training of flight instructors and OPS staff.
- Recommends standardization policies and levels of proficiency for all instructors.
- Evaluates Flight Instructor development as well as student progress through flight and simulator instruction
- Provides internal support with student enrollment, scheduling and customer service
- Reviews individual student’s progress with instructors to guarantee each student is receiving the appropriate training.
- Oversees the launch and close of each day’s training flights and is responsible for all dispatching procedures
- Coordinates with the Director of Maintenance on all phases of aircraft maintenance.
- Develops and modifies curriculum and ensures quality of all programs.
- Ensures that appropriate statistics are measured and reported in Talon ETA software system.
- Conducts weekly standardization meetings with instructors
- Make all student / instructor assignments and coordinates instructor to student ratio.
- Reviews all student progress reports to ensure proper corrective action is being taken.
- Reports all imminent problems and or safety concerns to the VP/General Manager.
- Conducts quarterly instructor evaluations on the basis of the success of their students, productivity, and work habits.
- Ensures all student-training records in the Talon ETA software system are up to date at all times.
- Ensures all Flight Instructors conduct flight training in accordance with the company Operations Manual.
- Ensure that all goals are met (e.g. pass rate, students completing on time, not exceeding student flight hours, student's training records completed on time).
- Perform additional duties, as assigned, by management.
- Required CFII/MEI certificate
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Must hold a current first-class medical certificate
- Have at least one year experience as pilot in command of an aircraft
- At least 100 hours of flight time under actual or simulated instrument conditions
- Must have a minimum of two years’ experience as a ground school instructor at a certified flight school
- Highly knowledgeable in computer systems including Mircrosoft Excel, Power Point, etc
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to lead and motivate others
- High attention to detail
- Exceptional supervisory skills
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to lead instructors, operations personnel and students
- Excellent multitasking capabilities
- Passion for instructing and teaching
- Flexibility and willing to work different schedules and shifts
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC