Scaled Composites, LLC •
Scaled Offers a Signing Bonus!
100% Paid Benefits for you and your family!
Aviation Benefit, go flying with help from us!
The Test Pilot will provide comprehensive flight test technical support for experimental, developmental aircraft and payload systems development in a rapid design and prototyping environment. This individual relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Tasks include flying test flights as Pilot in Command (PIC) or Second in Command (SIC); supporting ground tests as Test Conductor (TC), Test Director (TD), or Flight Test Engineer (FTE); preparing system test plans and flight test cards; participating in preflight and postflight briefings; and documenting test results.Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Piloting multiple experimental aircraft as well as chase, pace, photo, and target aircraft
- Writing flight test plans, test cards, flight reports, and final test reports
- Leading and/or participating in system design and design reviews (commensurate with previous engineering discipline)
- Developing test strategies, test plans and test procedures for aircraft and components, given system requirements
- Leading and/or participating in ground and flight test events as Test Crew member or Test Conductor
- Writing and/or updating Pilot Operating Handbooks to include the development of normal and emergency procedures
- Participating in preflight and postflight briefings; and documenting test results
- Maintaining flying currency and proficiency in multiple different aircraft types
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues
Essential Job Functions:
- Must have the ability to work in cramped, confined cockpit environments in both hot and cold environments for up to 8 hours with limited movement
- Able to operate cockpit flight controls with a center stick, yoke and side stick
- Able to push rudder up to 150 lbs., elevator forces up to 150 lbs., and aileron forces up to 90 lbs.
- Must be able to enter and exit cockpit areas up to 4 feet off the ground
- Must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as instructed
- Must be able to work in a high-stress environment when required
- FAA Commercial Single and Multi‐Engine Land pilots license with Instrument Rating; additional ratings and Type Ratings, including CFI S/MEL and CFII are highly desirable
- Possess FAA high altitude endorsement or equivalent military training
- Obtain and maintain a FAA Class II medical certificate
- Minimum 1000 hours total PIC flight time, to include recip and turbine time
- Graduate of a full course test pilot school or have equivalent training and experience
- Minimum of 250 hours (or 30 test sorties) of actual developmental and/or experimental flight test time documented
- Engineering degree in aeronautical, mechanical, or electrical engineering, or similar technical foundation to support aircraft design and construction
- Be independent and motivated; able to self‐direct and manage time effectively
- Be able to travel occasionally on project aircraft trips
- Be knowledgeable with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations for flight operations and aircraft certification
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance and program access.
- United States citizenship
- Heavy multi-engine turbine aircraft experience is desired
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Protected Vet and drug and alcohol-free workplace.
Job Ident #: