Assistant Chief Pilot - Fixed Wing - Spokane - SIGN ON BONUS OFFERED
Life Flight Network •
THERE. WHEN YOU NEED US. ®
As a leading non-for-profit air medical program, Life Flight Network sets the industry bar for excellence by perpetually evolving both in the air and on the ground. Being a part of our team means leading a career of compassion, excellence, pride, and meaning. We are dedicated, skillful professionals who thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Our people are the best and the brightest. Second to none.
Are you inspired?
We are recruiting for a Assistant Chief Pilot - Fixed Wing to work primarily out of our Spokane base of operations.
This position qualifies for a $10,000 sign on bonus!
The Assistant Chief Pilot – Fixed Wing is responsible for ensuring all Life Flight Network (LFN) aviation activities are in compliance with Federal Aviation Administration Regulations and in compliance with LFN’s operation specifications and operations manual. The Assistant Chief Pilot – Fixed Wing is the liaison between the Chief Pilot and the line pilots for federal regulation compliance and all aviation technical matters. The Assistant Chief Pilot – Fixed Wing is required to work operational shifts as required. Will be required to drive personal or company vehicles whenever and wherever business needs necessitate.
This position is subject to the Crew Safe Weight Policy. In the event an Assistant Chief Pilot – Fixed Wing exceeds the weight limit, they will be allowed to assume all administrative responsibilities while not on flight status. All other requirements of the Crew Safe Weight Policy apply to this position.
- Meets the requirements of FAR part 119.71 and part 135 to hold the Chief Pilot position on an FAA Air Carrier Certificate.
- Requires one year of management experience in an EMS transport service or equivalent management experience.
- Three years of experience as a part 135 pilot in command at a Emergency Medical Service (EMS) program required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience as a professional pilot.
- Must hold a FAA Airline Transport Pilot certificate.
- 2500 hours PIC time.
- 1000 hours in an aircraft with retractable gear.
- 500 hours in a turbo prop aircraft.
- 150 hours instrument time.
- 200 hours of unaided night time experience.
- 25 hours operating a PC-12 and successful completion of ground and flight school within last 12 months.
- Maintains credentials to be a Check Airman.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent grammar; verbal and written communication, and customer service skills, with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of an organization.
- Able to take initiative, creating, implementing and improving procedures and programs.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license, have access to an automobile in good repair, be able to provide proof of auto insurance, meet LFN’s Driver’s Policy requirements and able to travel whenever or wherever business needs necessitate.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Maintains FAA required employee records, ensuring employees with certifying authority have the appropriate license or authority.
- Schedules and ensures all pilots maintain currency and proficiency in aircraft assigned to LFN’s Air Carrier Certificate.
- Oversees the new employee orientation process and ensures ongoing aviation education expectations are met and orientation is successfully completed.
- Day-to-day supervision of pilots, including objectively coaching, disciplining, when appropriate, in a timely manner.
- Ensures pilots are familiar with and have access to all FAA requirements.
- Ensures availability of materials, tools, equipment and technical publications.
- Develops methods of monitoring and improving productivity, policies and procedures as related to aviation.
- Acts as a liaison with regulatory authorities, aeronautical product manufacturers and suppliers to ensure compliance with requirements.
- Design, facilitate and train pilots on policies and procedures and ensure all employees complete required training.
- Develops the pilot and crewmember training manuals/programs and aircraft checklists.
- Provides supervision to all company pilots concerning regulatory issues.
- Will function as Aviation Administrator On Call (AAOC) duties on a rotational basis.
- This position must maintain required budgeted operational hours.
- Supports the Safety and Risk Management Agreement and actively advocates LFN’s safety culture. LFN values Integrity above loyalty. Do the right thing every time, even when you think no one is looking. SILENCE IS NOT AN OPTION.
All candidates are subject to drug screening and background investigation.
Assistant Chief Pilot - Fixed Wing - Benefits:
- LFN offers competitive compensation above industry standard
- Medical (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Dental (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Vision (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Life/AD&D (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Short & long term disability (Company pays for employee 100%)
- Long term care, flexible spending (Company pays for employee 100%)
- 401k – with automatic 4% employer contribution
- Tenure bonuses
- Adoption assistance
- Paid parental time off
- Pet insurance
- Bereavement leave (including pets)
- Tuition/Training reimbursement
- Paid volunteer time
- Employee Recognition Awards
- A generous paid time off plan starting at 4 weeks a year for full time employees
- Wellness Reimbursement Program
- Life Flight Network Membership
- Dog friendly work environment
Life Flight Network is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply online at www.lifeflight.org
Job Ident #: