U02B Aircrew Training Developer Instructor Pilot
GDIT/CSRA is seeking U02B Aircrew Training Developer Instructor (pilot) in the Wheeler AAF, Hawaii area. This is for non-exempt position between
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs duties as an Instructor Pilot (IP), Instrument Examiner (IE) and Instructor/Operator (I/O) in a designated Aircraft Simulation Device.
- As an Instructor Pilot the Aviator will train and evaluate aviators and other personnel in designated aircraft per the Aircrew Training Manual (ATM) and Unit's Aircrew Training Program (ATP).
- As an Instrument Examiner the aviator will conduct instrument training and instrument flight evaluation per the ATM.
- Instruction may include any combination of Individual or Group instruction in an academic classroom environment and/or an aircraft simulator.
- Instruction includes any and all aspects of aviation training designated by the aircraft ATM and Unit's ATP.
- Operates the designated training device for the conduct of training.
- As a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the simulation device assigned to and may be extensively involved in research and development for simulation upgrades, insuring cockpit configuration concurrency.
- Requires an up-to-date knowledge of Physiological Factors of Flight, Aerodynamics, Meteorology, ATM of assigned aircraft, Tactical Procedures, Gunnery, Techniques of Instruction.
- The Aircrew Training Devices Instructor (Pilot) is responsible for the accomplishment of ground-based, and/or aircrew training devices (ATD) training of pilots.
- As a qualified pilot, the incumbent conducts simulator and other ground training of pilots and other crew members in aircraft operating procedures, in-flight IFR/VFR, operational and tactical procedures, measures training progress of pilot students and diagnosis and remediate problems, provides input on needed corrections, modification and updates to courseware and to training policies and procedures.
- Assists in projects and development work as assigned, and maintains a high level of current subject knowledge, capability, and expertise.
- The I/O shall support all phases of user effort such as Planning, coordination, preparation, operation, and
- instruction, Briefing and train up, Scenario development, modification, and testing, System initialization, calibration, and set up/reset, All facets of execution and role player functions as required
- Debriefings and AARs
- Keeping the area and equipment clean.
- Must be a high school graduate or possess equivalency diploma.
- Must currently possess at a minimum an Interim security clearance and be able to obtain/maintain an active/valid US security clearance.
- Must be a U.S. Army trained AH-64D/E Instructor Pilot and Rotary Wing Instrument Flight Examiner.
- Successfully complete Aircrew Training Manual (ATM) requirements for the aircraft as modified for the Virtual Flight Simulator.
- Successfully pass a standardization and instrument flight evaluation to include an operator's manual examination IAW the Aircrew Training Manual and AR 95-1 as modified for the Virtual Flight Simulator.
- Qualified Longbow Apache Senior instructor pilot.
- Experienced I/O with Longbow (AH-64D/E) Apache Senior Instructor Pilot experience.
- Administrative and collateral duties include record keeping, counseling, training development, maintenance of training programs and serving as subject matter expert for students and other personnel as required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Office environment
- Must be able to travel to various locations across the U.S. for training.
If interested and need to know additional details, please reach out to:
Talent Acquistion Sr Analyst | Defense Air Forces & Navy
General Dynamics Information Technology
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)