Cougar Helicopters Inc. •
Cougar Helicopters Inc. currently has opportunities for six (6) full-time permanent First Officers.
General Job Definition
A First Officer is responsible for all duties assigned by the Chief Pilot related to training, flight standards, document control and improvement of Flight Operations efficiencies.
Key Job Responsibilities
Safety and Quality Responsibilities
- Responsible for the operation of the aircraft, the safety of the passengers and crew members, and all flight decisions once in the air;
- Maintain a highly professional image in both conduct and personal appearance; and
- Communicate with the passengers and crew during flights
- Practice, actively promote and monitor workplace safety;
- Be familiar with and comply with the Cougar SMS and HSE policies and procedures;
- Be responsible for knowing, understanding and complying with the workplace requirements for Cougar’s day-to-day operations and ask for assistance when unclear about a workplace process to complete a task safely;
- Report hazards: If an employee encounters an unsafe or harmful condition or situation or if they are unclear if a task is safe, the employee is responsible to report this immediately to their supervisor or through the Cougar Safety Hazard Observation Program (S.H.O.P.); and
- Wear the proper personal protective equipment (PPE).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- First Officer Qualifications:
- Valid Canadian CPL (H);
- HAMRA/HARON or HATRA Examination;
- Minimum 1500 hours flying rotorcraft;
- Minimum 1000 hours PIC;
- Minimum 500 hours multi-engine time;
- Multi-engine PIC considered an asset;
- Valid Category 1 medical;
- Group IV and night rating;
- Valid passport;
- Must pass pre-employment Drug and Alcohol screen;
- Must qualify for Controlled Goods Clearance;
- Satisfactory criminal records check;
- SK92 type rating is required; and
- Previous experience in the east coast Canadian offshore environment is considered an asset.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- A persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent public speaking skills;
- Language of work is English;
- Demonstrated professionalism with the ability to exercise good judgment and diplomacy;
- Decision making and crew resource management skills; and
- Ability to work in a team environment.
National Classification Code (NOC)
10 Jetstream AvenueSt. John's, NL
- Details of the group insurance (medical and dental benefits), as well as the Company Pension Plan (unmatched employer contribution of 3% of gross salary), will be provided by Human Resources. The date of eligibility of the group insurance plan begins on you’re the first day of employment. However, the date of eligibility of the Company Pension Plan is the first pay day following three (3) months of continuous employment, provided all other eligibility requirements are satisfied according to the terms of such plans.
- First Officer Basic Salary Scale: $83,641.18 - $101,786.66;
- There is an incremental raise on January 1st, 2020;
- Annual salary level increase on anniversary date.
- 12 hour shifts;
- 21 days on and 21 days off duty cycle;
- Location of work includes St. John’s, NL
Interested parties should forward their updated resume and cover letter to Human Resources by email no later than the close of business on December 4, 2019. Please attach a resume and cover letter in the form of PDF or Microsoft word document and identify your interest in the position by stating the subject line: "CHI-FO-11-2019”
- Phone Number:709-758-4852
- Fax Number: 709-758-4821
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC