At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a Senior Maintenance Test Pilot (MTP) to support the AH-64E Program in Qatar.
This is a Long-Term Assignment to Al-Udeid AB, Qatar for up to 4 years. Relocation/assignment benefits to the international location will be provided.
- Maintenance Test Pilot shall assist Qatar Air Force to conduct Maintenance Test Flights (MTF) in support of the QAF aircraft maintenance and maintenance test flight activities.
- The AH-64E MTP, using the QAF specific AH-64E IETM, AH-64E Operators Manual, AH-64E Maintenance Test Flight Manual, and AH-64E Check-List Manual shall be responsible for performing Maintenance Operational Checks (MOC), in-flight troubleshooting/verifications, and MTF of aircraft to ensure airworthiness upon completion of extensive disassembly for maintenance, repair, replacement or modification of components or aircraft systems, and conduct briefings to flight crew members and maintenance personnel in support of the various MTP aircraft operations as stated above.
- The MTP shall provide OJT, coaching, and mentorship to QAF MTP personnel in the performance of the MTP duties.
- The MTP shall also assist the QAF personnel in conducting the following: Release Aircraft Safe For Flight Qualification Establishing safe procedures for flight requirements IAW the QAF AH-64E IETM and QAF directives.
- Brake Rider/Wing Walker Qualification Training IAW the AH-64E IETM and QAF directives.
- Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) Qualification IAW the AH-64E Aircraft Operators Checklists, the AH-64E IETM, and QAF directives.
- Serve as Pilot in Command (PIC) of QAF assisted MTF activities.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance post-start for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Completed United States Army AH-64D/E, Apache Longbow helicopter Aircraft Qualification Course (AQC) or a Contractor equivalent training and qualification approved by the GFR
- Successfully completed the AH-64 Aviation Maintenance Officers Course (AMOC) Phase I and II or In lieu of AMOC Phase I and II, must have completed an equivalency evaluation conducted by the US Army Directorate of Evaluation and Standardization (DES) IAW DCMA Instruction 8210.1 (AR-95-20) and AR 95-1
- Possess a minimum of 1,000 flight hours as an AH-64D/E Pilot-in-Charge (PIC)
- Have provided proof of having completed a minimum of 100 hours flight hours as an AH-64D/E MTP
- Current Army or Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Class II Flight Physical upon hire with no less than six (6) months remaining, and successful renewal annually thereafter
- Ability to provide medical certificates to confirm medical compliance
- Meet currency requirements per AH-64D/E Aircrew Training Manual (ATM) within 30 days of hire
- Minimum ten (10) years aviation maintenance experience
- Minimum three (3) years, AH-64D/E aircraft Production Control experience (PC Lead position)
- Minimum three (3) years, aviation maintenance supervisory experience
- Minimum five (5) years ULLS-A(E) or a similar aviation maintenance management system experience
- Minimum two (2) years ULLS-A(E) or a similar aviation maintenance management system Database Administration experience
- Minimum five (5) years US Army Production Control experience
Candidate must be able to obtain a work visa, depending on requirements of the country
Candidate must be able to meet the cultural requirements of the country, as applicable
Employment is contingent on the candidate’s ability to satisfy all labor and immigration formalities of the country
Because the candidate selected will be expected to go on an international assignment, the offer will be contingent upon the candidate’s ability to obtain clearances from International Health Services and the receipt of a visa/work permit to the country in which he or she will be assigned. These contingencies also apply to any/all family members who may be relocating with the candidate.
Capable of traveling domestically and internationally on short notice
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Previous MTP Experience operating the AH-64E helicopter in desert environments
- Over-water flight experience
- Prior Experience as an AH-64D/E Maintenance Examiner (ME)
- Experience as an AH-64 Technical Inspector
- Desert night flight operations
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years related work experience, Master+7 years related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.