VFR Captain - 5/2
Era Helicopters LLC •
Era Helicopters, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bristow Group is currently looking for qualified candidates for the VFR Captain position. This VFR Captain position works
a 5 on 2 off schedule (Monday through Friday) in support of Era’s BSEE contracts based in New Orleans, LA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operates their assigned aircraft in a safe and efficient manner, in strict compliance with Era Operational standards and all applicable regulations;
• Places safety and customer service at the forefront in everything they do, both inside and outside the aircraft;
• Maintains situational awareness throughout the entire operational region with respect to weather conditions, NOTAMs, sea state and customer offshore facility status;
• Manages passenger movements, aircraft movements, briefings and baggage loading to ensure safety and compliance;
• Completes necessary flight planning paperwork, preflight, fueling and oversight of manifesting to ensure compliance;
• Maintains with accuracy both electronic and paper records to include journey logs, personal flight and duty sheets, and aircraft technical logbook times;
• Reports all aircraft mechanical irregularities by entering them in the aircraft paper and electronic technical log and ensures aircraft is airworthy before, during and after all flights;
• Facilitates communications with the customer and ensures Era is represented in a professional manner;
• Primarily works in the GOM offshore region, but remains available for dispatch to other domestic or International assignments in accordance with business needs;
• Stays up to date on all Era operational and safety procedures; and
• Completes other duties as assigned by Lead Pilot, Operations Manager, or Director of Operations.
• Applicants applying for this position are required to meet the minimum requirements as outlined by (14 CFR 135.243);
• Each applicant will be required to complete the position’s screening questionnaire to determine eligibility for consideration;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
• Must be organized and be able to work with a large and varied workload;
• Must possess strong interpersonal skills to work effectively within a team;
• 1st class medical and instrument rating required;
• 1 Year in the Offshore Oil and Gas environment;
• ATP; • 2,000 hours total flight time, including the following:
• 25 hours in A119;
• 100 hours within the preceding 12 calendar months;
• 200 hours offshore*;
• 1,500 hours PIC;
*Over water operations with takeoffs and landings conducted to helidecks on offshore installations and/or vessels.
This position offers a 5&2 Bonus of 45% of Salary upon completion of training requirements.
Our compensation structure is designed to make Era an attractive employer and very competitive within the industry. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes an employer sponsored 401k plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)