Business Development Sales Representative
Summit Aviation Delaware •
Position will work from a home office but must be within 5 hours from our Middletown facility
POSITION SUMMARY: Candidate will report to the Manufacturing Business Development Manager and will provide operational support to capture and develop new business, and to expand existing contracts in a strategically defined manner. This position will lead the Proposal Team through proposal development, submittal and contract award. Cooperatively interacts with all internal organization leaders within Summit Aviation to develop a strategically defined customer base in a selected market segment and performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintain strict compliance with Summit Aviation policies and procedures related to Business Ethics and Code of Conduct, in addition to the specific procurement regulations established by the Federal Government.
2. Understand and maintain knowledge of all Summit Aviation lines of business and strategic directions.
3. Support the Manufacturing Business Development Manager in the preparation of Capture Plans detailing the win strategy, discriminators, price to win estimates, and action plans to be followed by the Capture Team.
4. Grow business with a target group of customers for Summit Aviation and Greenwich Manufacturing.
5. Lead the procurement efforts to quote detailed parts and assemblies for inclusion into the Proposal.
6. Maintain an awareness of industry capabilities and recommend, where appropriate, business relationships such as teaming, strategic partnerships, joint ventures and/or subcontracting.
7. Assess and report competitor activities, capabilities, perceived strategies, and new developments.
8. Establish and maintain effective liaison/interface at various levels within the customer community, including Government agencies, industry primes and potential subcontractors.
9. Interface with Summit Aviation Leadership Team to promote cooperative new business pursuits.
10. Participates and advises on new business proposal efforts to ensure core competency, compliance with customer requirements and attainment of cost and budget objectives. Acts as a formal review team participant where appropriate.
11. Establishes and maintains current procurement timelines on potential and selected opportunities.
12. Recommends the use of consultants where appropriate and maintains regular interface on programs where employed.
13. Provide additional business development support as may be required in pursuit of company business objectives.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Must have a minimum of 3 – 5 years of aviation experience preferable in an OEM setting. Aerospace procurement experience required. Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field and MBA preferred.
2. Must have proven sales and account management success preferably in the Aerospace Management.
3. Strong strategic business planning skills and be able to demonstrate the ability to close high value deals.
4. Ability to perform against budget forecast and successfully track business opportunities.
5. Must be able to manage stakeholders both internally and externally.
6. Ability to identify, build and execute growth opportunities.
7. Documented customer relationship skills with aerospace OEMs and customers.
8. Must continually be a professional representative of the Greenwich Aerogroup Sales & Marketing team.
9. Computer skills including all Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint) and aptitude to learn Salesforce.com.
10. Ability to work in a high profile position and have exceptional Customer Service skills.
11. Ability to maintain confidentiality, be detail oriented and able to work in a multitasked, fast-paced environment.
12. Able to work autonomously, setting priorities and executing to plan.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the ability to work in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time, perform office and clerical duties including use of office tools.
Working Environment: The working environment will be your home office with occasional travel to the Summit Aviation locations in Delaware, North Carolina and Kentucky.
Travel: Up to approximately 40% of the time, primarily between other customer sites and Greenwich facilities.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected by the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC