Technical Proposal Writer II
DRS Technologies •
, Virginia, United States
Technical Proposal Writer II (Dulles, VA)
DRS is seeking a Technical Proposal Writer with one to three years experience writing in a professional technical environment. Experience with proposals is preferred but not required. This person will act as a member of an established and dedicated proposal team to work closely with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to write technical materials to support proposal efforts to include content related to technical engineering elements as well as management, resumes, and executive summaries. While experience with writing proposals in response to Government requests for proposal is not required, the right candidate must have the ability to write accurately, persuasively, and organize technically-oriented content for ease of understanding to the reader.
Draft or revise technical documentation such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions. Produce layouts for publication.
Primary & Essential Accountabilities
- Clearly communicate with team members using the Company’s approved and documented processes and procedures to ensure that all tasks are completed completely and within schedule.
- Work directly with Engineers and Technicians to translate technical jargon into clear and compliant language to respond to Government requirements.
- Work with Proposal Managers and Capture Managers to integrate competitive differentiators and win themes with technical proposal responses ensuring the final product is compliant and meets and/or exceeds customer needs.
- Provide editorial support as needed for technical and non-technical documentation.
- Research and gather information from documents such as rough drafts through using internal resources and interviewing Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as needed to complete proposal writing assignments.
- Format, edit, standardize, proofread and correct information written by Engineers and Technicians in accordance with proposal requirements and arrange them in a logical order and ensure a consistent writing style throughout the proposal so that the resultant proposal product can be easily read and understood by non-technical audiences.
- Comply with document control processes and policies through an approved tracking system and publish approved documents to SharePoint or other designated proposal sites.
- Works cross functionally to gather material and synthesizes information into a final product.
- Take action to solve problems/issues that routinely arise in areas of assigned responsibility but may receive guidance or expertise from higher-level staff on more complex problems.
- Work with Engineers and graphics personnel to develop drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate technical materials.
- Participate in specific customer meetings as assigned by Capture Manager and/or Proposal Manager to obtain customer knowledge, requirements, and insight to help write winning proposals.
- Participate in formal and critical document reviews and incorporate feedback into documents through the review cycle.
- Draft or revise technical documentation such as equipment manuals, appendices, or operating and maintenance instructions
- Produce layouts for publication
- Arrange for typing, duplication, and distribution of material
- May draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence
- Edit and improve material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel
- Become familiar with product technologies and production methods
- Observe production, developmental, and experimental activities to determine operating procedure and detail
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology
- Review manufacturer and trade catalogs, drawings and other data relative to operation, maintenance, and service of equipment
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- One to three years experience and bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Formal undergraduate degree demonstrating analytical and strong writing ability with technical writing experience writing or editing in a technically-oriented environment highly preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to write technical material.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work proposal hours as required.
- Ability to interview technical experts and understand technical information related to communications and information technology.
- Ability to receive critical feedback constructively and sustain high quality writing effort through iterative changes often due to solicitation requirement changes.
- Should have intermediate knowledge in desktop publishing software and be proficient in applications such as Microsoft Word.
- Technical writing experience necessary; proposal writing and familiarity with Shipley Proposal Lifecycle or APMP training and/or certifications preferred.
- Two years experience and associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Fundamental knowledge in desktop publishing software, and be proficient in applications such as Microsoft Word.
- Bachelor degree demonstrating analytical and strong writing ability.
Leonardo DRS, Inc.
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security.
Headquartered in Arlington, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo S.p.A. which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. For additional information on Leonardo DRS, please visit our website at www.leonardodrs.com.
DRS Global Enterprise Solutions, Inc. successfully delivers quality systems and services to CONUS and overseas units. Our systems solutions encompass broad data distribution networks and complex telecommunications systems for data, voice and video applications over integrated satellite, terrestrial, and wireless networks. Our proven service history of engineering, installing, operating and maintaining innovative, low-risk, and cost-effective communications resources illustrates our commitment to supporting military, commercial, and relief efforts at home and around the globe.
Leonardo DRS, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #CA #CS #MM
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC