Battery Systems Engineer
Boeing Company •
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing subsidiary, is seeking Battery Systems Engineers to contribute to the design and development of next generation electric and hybrid-electric power systems for manned and unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) including efficient high performance vertical take-off and landing aircraft, high-altitude and long-endurance (HALE) UAVs, and megawatt-scale electrified propulsion aircraft to name a few.
As part of a highly collaborative environment you will work independently and on a multi-disciplinary team. As such, candidates must have excellent communication and organizational skills and the desire to take on new tasks and develop new skills.
Candidates must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder).
Education Requirements: Engineering Degree in: Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or a Relevant Discipline
Entry Level: B.S. and preferably an M.S.
Experienced Level: B.S. and preferably an M.S.
Senior Level: M.S. and preferably a Ph.D.
Experience Requirements (an advanced degree may qualify for years of experience):
- Entry Level: Recent Graduate to 3 Years of Relevant Industry Experience
- Experienced Level: 3 (+) Years of Relevant Industry Experience
- Senior Level: 8 (+) Years of Relevant Industry Experience
- Interests, Working Knowledge and Backgrounds Normally Include a Mix of:
- Professional experience with the design, analysis, and/or testing of lithium-based battery systems including modules, packs, and battery management systems.
- Academic/professional experience with some or all of the following:
- Modeling of battery performance, life, and/or safety
- Mechanical design of battery systems
- Thermal design of battery systems for passive, forced air, and/or liquid cooling
- Electrical design of cell, module, and pack level interconnections
- Safety design of battery systems
- Engineering industry background may include:
- Analytical research and/or product development
- Transportation or stationary advanced energy storage applications
Job Ident #: