Contract MQ-9 Instructor Sensor Operator
UND Aerospace Foundation •
The Instructor Sensor Operator (ISO) will serve as a crewmember of the UAV, assisting the Pilot-In-Command (PIC) as directed for safe operation of the aircraft to include reading checklists, assisting in emergencies and effective crew resource management. The Instructor Sensor Operator will assist the PIC with mission planning, briefing, mission execution, ground and flight safety and debriefing. The ISO will also provide academic and in-flight instruction. This ISO Performs ISR and Launch and Recovery (L/R) duties and as a subject matter expert when/as required. This position is located in Grand Forks, North Dakota at the General Atomics Flight Test and Training Center. This position is non-deployable, unless limited deployments are desired by the candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the PIC in ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution, briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and safety.
- Operate the payload of an MQ-9 UAV, on the ground and in flight, in support of customer requirements and successful execution of the mission at Grand Forks, ND.
- May participate in the preparation and presentation of ab-initio and continuation training of aircraft systems, mission support and deployed operations.
- Instruct UAV student Sensor Operators in ground and flight operations on MQ-9 aircraft.
- Assist the PIC in complying with all governing regulations including service guidance, customer procedures and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations.
- Instructs UAV student SO’s and instructor SO’s-in-training in ground and flight operations.
- Provides UAV student SO’s with feedback to ensure standardization of customers’ procedures and practices.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the customer. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
Position is full-time salaried 40+ hours/week, Monday – Friday, with some weekend work as necessary.
- Typically requires a High School diploma or equivalent and six or more years of previous sensor operator experience or experience with the operation of complex, integrated systems, preferably airborne sensors, including three or more years of experience in UAV operation or aviation with significant deployment experience. Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of UAVs, tactical reconnaissance and aviation principles.
- Ensures compliance with service guidance, company policy and procedures and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
- Must possess: (1) ability to obtain an FAA Class II medical certificate; (2) strong analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees, military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew; (3) the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information; and (4) detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications.
- The ability to work both independently and in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Additional education/formal training equivalent to the completion of a two-year technical degree or trade school equivalency is strongly desired.
- US citizenship required.
- USAF qualified MQ-9 Sensor Operator, (LRE/MCE), with a current Form 8 is strongly desired.
- Possession of at least two-hundred and fifty (250) hours as a Sensor Operator in the Predator/Reaper family of aircraft is strongly desired.
Salary is competitive with industry standard rates depending on candidate’s experience and we offer an excellent benefit package including health, dental, life insurance, retirement, paid vacation, and sick leave.
UNDAF is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)