Drone Pilot - Level 2 - San Diego, CA
PDS Tech, Inc. •
PDS Tech, INC is seeking multiple Remote Pilots in Command (RPIC) for Level 2 contract opportunities with some of our nations leading transport companies.
These RPIC’s will be responsible for the safe, on-time and efficient operation of the unmanned aerial system (UAS). The RPIC’s will conduct operational flights and oversee vehicle performance, flying qualities, and optimal capabilities of UAS systems. This position requires the Level 2 operator to travel in their personal vehicle or ride and/or driving a client leased vehicle on and off client property.
Due to the safety sensitive nature of this position, you will be required to be placed in a drug and alcohol testing pool. In addition, but not limited to:
- Conduct pre-flight planning to include operational briefings and analyzing weather forecasts.
- Notice to Airmen (NOTAMs), and airspace requirements.
- Execute operational needs and mission requirements for each customer.
- Document and complete pre/post UAS logs.
- Perform equipment testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Document inventory of UAS spares/components and maintenance actions.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and external entities for safe flight operations.
• This position requires that the RPIC may travel in their personal vehicle as
needed and/or ride and drive in a client/Leased vehicle on and off property to
transport drone equipment.
5-Panel Pre-employment drug test and post-employment random drug test required Hold a current FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate (Part 135) required. Hold a current Remote Pilot Certificate (Part 107) required. Hold a current FAA Second Class Medical Certificate required. Have a valid driver’s license required. Have authorization to work in the United States required. Have a minimum of 12 months of aviation experience either or combination of: Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Experience and/or Flight (Rotary or Fixed Wing) required.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited school
• Experience with a Ground Control Station software (Mission
Planner, QGroundControl, etc) preferred.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
will not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)