Why Join Us?
Located west of Portland on the beautiful Oregon Coast, Near Space Corporation values innovation, teamwork, commitment and offers an environment of growth and advancement opportunities. Specializing in the testing and maturing of space and aviation technologies, NSC has extensive experience providing relevant space like environments for maturing new technologies and testing concepts of operations using high altitude balloons and UAVs.
Flight Operations Manager – UAS
As the Flight Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the supervision and smooth operation of the Flight Operations Department. You will act as the company focal point for achieving customer satisfaction and flight operation objectives including schedule, quality, cost, and profitability.
- Supervise and grow the flight operations team and capabilities
- Develop and maintain project budgets and schedules
- Develop proposals and explore new business opportunities
- Plan and coordinate preflight activities
- Obtain flight waivers and clearances with the proper competent authority (FAA, range manager)
- Work effectively with engineering and production teams to integrate payloads in preparation for flight
- Conduct flight readiness and safety reviews
- Conduct post flight reviews and complete documentation
- Document customer requirements and direct logistics support and arrangements for both Tillamook and remote flight operations
- Provide timely and accurate labor reports
- Forecast and update ongoing project costing and deliveries
- Develop budgets for capital expenditures with appropriate cost justifications