Flight Operations Manager
Overall, the candidate will assist in the design, manning, and management of the flight operations team and plan for the safe, legal, efficient and scalable flight operations required to deliver experimental eVTOL flights in 2020 and initial market survey flights leading to commercial operations in 3 markets by 2023 as well as planning for sUAS operations for drone delivery. The candidate will assist with operational flight requirements needed to establish a standard Part 135 certificate to enable urban air mobility with eVTOL aircraft and sUAS. The candidate will develop concepts of operation for the safe employment of all aircraft owned, operated, or managed by Uber Elevate or its affiliates.
What You'll Do
- Part 135 Design and Management- The candidate will work closely with Elevate's Head of Flight Operations to develop a detailed Part 135 operating model narrative in line with current regulations, policies, and procedures. The candidate will work with Dallas, LA, Melbourne and other Elevate markets to test and iterate local procedures that will pave the path for certification allowing commercial flight operations by 2023 in 3 markets. The part 135 operating model will ensure safe operations, using aircraft that are available now, but planned for future autonomous electric aircraft (eVTOLs).
- Manage Part 135 Relationships - The candidate will work closely with our external aircraft partners, GAMA, FAA, NASA, and other regulatory agencies. Functional emphasis will be on developing a construct of operations that is mutually supportive and informative to our partner's objectives.
- Operation Narrative - Assist the Head of Flight Operations in establishing and modifying Uber Elevate policies, procedures, instructions and information necessary to ensure FAA and CASA compliance. Maintain up to date changes of policies, procedures, instructions and information as necessary for the training programs according to Uber Elevate manuals and FAA/CASA compliance.
- Talent and team building - The candidate is a proven aviation expert capable of navigating regulations and policies in order to ensure that Uber Elevate will meet strategic objectives. He or she will be responsible for ensuring that only the top talent -- exceedingly skilled and reliable aviation experts -- build out the core team to deliver the future of urban aviation.
What You'll Need
- Will need to work closely with highly-technical aviation companies and other parts of the ecosystem in a highly detail-oriented and technical capacity. The candidate should have a BS (MS preferred) in an aviation related field with a minimum of three years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with remotely-piloted and autonomous aircraft deployment, development, and flying. He or she should have a minimum of three years experience working with a variety of aircraft systems as they pertain to sUAS.
- A minimum - a commercial pilot certificate (airplanes or rotorcraft) as well as a remote pilot certificate. The candidate should have practical experience as a pilot and be expertly familiar with aviation standards and procedures.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC