Flight Test Operator
Amazon Prime Air •
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real-world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity.
Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
Amazon Prime Air is seeking flight test operators with sound judgment and strict flight discipline. Success will require leadership, attention to detail, a safety-oriented attitude, flexibility, and enthusiasm for Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) technology. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment and can deliver results under pressure.
We are looking for a candidate who has at least a private pilot certification. Experience with UAS and a Part 107 certification is beneficial. This candidate will be expected to lead a team for field operations, conduct flight operations, and perform limited UAS and ground support equipment troubleshooting. This individual will also conduct flight readiness activities and logistics planning as needed. Aviation safety experience is strongly preferred.
Export Control License: This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· 14 CFR Part 61 current Private Pilot license
· Experience with remote-control aircraft/multi-rotor products
· Valid Driver’s License and able to satisfy Amazon driver eligibility criteria
· Excellent communications and reporting skills
· Proven leader for small teams and capable of highly autonomous decision making
· 14 CFR Part 107 Remote Pilot Certificate
· Experience with commercial UAS industry
· 2+ years of RC pilot experience with excellent coordination and execution
· Experience with FAA rules and regulations
· Aviation safety experience
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC