Hunter MQ-5B UAS GCS IT and Mission Assurance Technician
AEVEX Aerospace •
This position requires deployment to overseas locations and military theaters for both on-call quick reaction (7-30 days) and extended periods (180 days at a time on a rotating basis).
When not deployed, the candidate will work at the Unmanned Systems Integration Center (USIC) location in Sierra Vista, Arizona and the Test and Integration Center located in nearby Douglas, Arizona.
- Installation, configuration, and checkout of software updates for the Block II, MOD I, TCDL Ground Control Stations and UGCS Software
- Thin Client and Virtual Machine (VM) administration, Linux/Unix operating systems (preferably RedHat Linux x86), Windows 7, X Window Systems, Windows Server 2008 R2 Update Services
- Assist with system setup, startup and preflight
- Familiarity with all aspects of software behavior, and the ability to translate that knowledge into assistance to users
- During flight test, take written notes of user actions, system responses, and problems noted, and communicate them to the UGCS engineering staff
- Assist in conducting tests of TCDL and Universal Ground Control systems
- Perform periodic IA audits as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM)
- Assist troubleshooting of software and hardware problems
- Perform system administration functions, including but not limited to download/archival of log information, and administration of user accounts
- Support repair and replacement of ground equipment
- Individual must be able to work with minimal supervision and support. This position requires excellent oral and written communications skills; strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills; and proficiency with various types of test equipment and software packages.
- Must have education and field experience as technicians or field service representative in Unmanned Block II, MOD I, TCDL UAS Ground Control Stations and Universal Ground Control Systems.
- Must meet DoDI 8570.01M cyber security training requirements and hold professional certifications to serve as level 2 Administrators.
- Knowledge and experience in Networking, Server Command, Line Administration, and LRU replacement highly desired.
- Must have a strong knowledge and understanding of Linux/Unix computer operating systems.
- Must have a current Secret Clearance
Training will be provided and encompasses 4 weeks of proficiency based courses of instruction conducted in 2 phases, a classroom phase and a depot phase. The training location is the NGTS USIC facilities located in Tooele, Utah/Dugway Proving Grounds or at the USIC Depot facility in Sierra Vista, AZ and Douglas, AZ dependent on class availability.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC