JTAC - Instructor
American Veteran Solutions, Inc. •
American Veteran Solutions, Inc. is anticipating an upcoming opportunity for a JTAC Instructor supporting JTAC-I SUAS at Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, NC.
This position is contingent upon contract award January 2020.
Reports to: JTAC Site Lead
- Functional areas of responsibility include JTAC instruction, training and tracking responsibilities; including JTAC, JTAC-I, JTAC-E, JTAC simulator training, range scheduling, mission duties for range operations, and CAS malfunction/accident/incident response and reporting.
- Maintain JTAC, JTAC-I and JTAC-E qualifications in accordance with, JFS ESC AP MOA 2004-01,SOCOM M350-5, AFSOCI 13-50, and Wing, Group or unit guidance.
- If re-qualified or upgraded as a JTAC-E, they will conduct initial, recurring, Spot, no notice, and Evaluator evaluations on JTAC trainees, JTACs, JTAC-I’s, and JTAC-E’s in accordance with AFSOC, Wing, Group and unit guidance.
- Receive initial and recurring JTAC evaluations from unit SEE PM or designated JTAC-E and approved in writing by their applicable unit commander. Contractors will not receive evaluations from another contractor.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining the unit JTAC academics, folders and programs in accordance with JFS ESC AP MOA 2004-01, USSOCOM M350-5, AFSOCI 13-50, and Wing, Group or unit guidance.
- Provide instruction to JTAC trainees, JTACs, JTAC-I’s, and JTAC-E’s in both live and Live Virtual Constructed (LVC) environments, IAW Joint Publications, Air Force, SOCOM, AFSOC, Wing, Group, and unit guidance.
- When directed, personnel will attend JTAC conferences, symposiums and meetings to ensure program continuity.
- Maintain and update the unit JTAC currency tracker monthly.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Two years Active Duty, Guard, or Reserve SOF JTAC experience in performance of JTAC duties with no more than 25% of contract workforce non-current beyond 4 years that require formal retraining. Contractor must have possessed the JTAC-I rating.
- Working knowledge of the organizational interface of military, local, state, and federal agencies as applicable to required JTAC and SUAS operations.
- Familiar with military command and control structures.
- Possess a valid civilian driver’s license and be able to hold a valid military driver’s license for the military vehicle(s) to be operated.
- Maintain a medical evaluation form indicating that meet guidelines as specified in AFI 48-123v4, Attachments 3 and 4: P2, U2, L2, H1, E2, and S1. 720 STG/SG is the waiver authority.
- Possess land navigation/map and compass skills sufficient enough to read and locate points of interest and targets etc., using latitude and longitude and Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) coordinates.
- Must be able to maneuver in and around the job site. Must be able to lift, bend, kneel, crouch and stoop when working. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time. Responds to visual and oral cues. Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English. Must be able to handle more than one function at a time accurately. Must be able to lift 60lbs and must meet company fit for duty requirements.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC