MAG Aerospace •
At MAG Aerospace, we provide and enable real-time situational awareness to help our customers make the world smaller and safer. We are laser-focused on serving our customers by providing technical expertise, operational excellence, and flawless execution. Relentlessly driven by our dedication to service, winning, and performance, we have become the leading independent provider of manned/unmanned full-spectrum outsourced ISR services in the world. With 1,000+ employees serving the needs of federal, global, commercial, and law enforcement customers around the world, the sun never sets on MAG. Our success is due entirely to the high caliber of employees we recruit, hire, and retain. At MAG, we look for individuals who thrive in a high-performance environment where challenges are the norm and success is expected. If this sounds like you, apply today.
MAG is seeking an RF engineer with design, analysis, and test experience to analyze performance requirements, develop test procedures and execute testing of Small Unmanned Aircraft Systems (SUAS) used by the DoD. The individual will work with other MAG engineers to identify and document key RF performance parameters for SUAS air vehicles and supporting ground control stations. Additional tasks will include documenting performance requirements, developing component and system-level test procedures and providing technical support to outside test labs and agencies as required. The engineer also will support the engineering team with efforts to test, verify and validate component and system performance through hardware-in-the-loop and flight testing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field
- At least 3 years of experience with analysis of RF waveform performance and propagation
- At least 3 years of experience evaluating RF performance requirements
- Experience with lab equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes and network analyzers
- Experience developing test procedures designed to evaluate compliance with requirements
- Experience participating in system field tests and documenting test results
- Experience with production of technical papers and technical presentations
- Engineering experience working with unmanned aircraft or ground robotics systems, military tactical data links, radio communications technologies and networking hardware and software
- Ability to complete meaningful work in the absence of complete specifications and define RF performance requirements as a work in progress
- Experience with requirements analysis for small unmanned systems
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret DoD Security Clearance
Job Ident #: