Remote Pilot In Command - Level I
PDS Tech, Inc. •
As the Remote Pilot in Command (RPIC) - Level 1 you are responsible for the safe, on-time and efficient operation of the unmanned aerial system (UAS). The RPIC’s duties include conducting operational flights and overseeing vehicle performance, flying qualities, and capabilities of UAS systems. This position requires that the RPIC may travel in their personal vehicle or be riding and driving in a client/Leased vehicle on and off property. Due to the safety sensitive nature of this position, you will be required to be placed in a drug and alcohol testing pool. In addition, but not limited to:
- Conduct pre-flight planning to include operational briefings, analyzing weather forecasts, Notice to Airmen (NOTAMs), and airspace requirements.
- Execute operational needs and mission requirements for each customer.
- Document and complete pre/post UAS logs.
- Perform equipment testing, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Document inventory of UAS spares/components and maintenance actions.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal and external entities for safe flight operations.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against applicants on the basis
of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
veteran status, or disability.
• This position requires that the RPIC may travel in their personal vehicle as needed and/or ride and drive in a client/Leased vehicle on and off property to transport drone equipment.
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher from an accredited school preferred.
- 5-Panel Pre-employment drug test and post-employment random drug test required
- Hold a current Remote Pilot Certificate (Part 107) required.
- Hold a current FAA Second Class Medical Certificate required.
- Have a valid driver’s license required.
- Have authorization to work in the United States required.
- Have a minimum of 6 months of aviation experience either or combination of:
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Experience and/or Flight (Rotary or Fixed Wing) required.
• Hold a current FAA Commercial Certificate or any other FAA Airmen Certificate considered preferred.
• Experience with a Ground Control Station software (Mission Planner, QGroundControl, etc) preferred.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)