Aurora seeks a passionate, experienced small unmanned aerial system (SUAS) Program Manager to manage the development of small unmanned aerial vehicles and other autonomous robotics systems. The right candidate will enjoy working in, building, and inspiring teams of incredibly smart people to solve challenging, mission critical problems with high-tech solutions and strive to build great products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the development of small UAS vehicles, systems, and associated technologies
- Managing the development of autopilots and embedded processors, and interfacing sensors
- Managing the development of technical plans, work breakdown structure, assignments, schedule, and budget
- Managing the relationship and the engagement of the customer
- Developing proposals, and assisting with or serving as the technical lead during the capture process
- Developing product roadmaps, specifications, and requirements, and conceptualizing products from R&D activities
- Making important decisions with respect to product features, complexity, and cost
- Maintaining an inclusive, diverse, creative environment that fosters big ideas and innovation
- Employing iterative, incremental, spiral, and/or agile development models
- Field testing autonomous robotic systems, with attention to regulatory and safety concerns
- Ability to identify remarkable talent, then building and scaling successful teams
- MS degree or higher with a focus on Computer Science or Engineering
- Practical experience managing and leading multi-disciplinary teams of engineers
- Practical experience managing customers and to contracts
- Practical experience planning and executing complex technical programs
- High-level technical writing skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas to technically savvy non-experts
- Practical experience writing winning technical proposals in
- Able to maintain a security clearance
- Proven ability to successfully manage complex programs and engineering projects.
- Proven ability to develop a deep technical understanding of the product and set the technical direction of a program.
- Experience with manpower planning, project reviews, scheduling, and budget control.
- Experience developing program metrics and reporting program progress and productivity.
- Experience developing and tracking program budgets and conducting variance analyses.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex ideas to technically savvy non-experts.
- Engineering degree and strong working knowledge of the aerospace industry.
- Ability to travel.
- Extensive experience with the SUAS and/or aerospace industry
- Experience developing products for production
- Experience deploying computer vision and artificial intelligence technologies
- Must be a US Person (US Citizen or US Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder).
Aurora Company Overview
Aurora Flight Sciences is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid-prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now, as an independent subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora’s innovation is combined with Boeing’s size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to disrupt the future of aerospace mobility.