Small UAS/ User Interface SW Engineer
Boeing Company •
Aurora’s work environment provides significant responsibility and authority to implement robust, cost-effective, and high-performing technical solutions. This position would typically be filled with a remote-control (RC) aircraft enthusiast who is a top-notch user interface developer. As part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team, this engineer participates hands-on in the full software life-cycle, from concept through implementation, integration all the way to flight test.
- Delivers integrated and tested user interface and ground segment software for systems in the unmanned aerospace system markets.
- Develop target software, fully integrate and test the ground software to a set of requirements.
- Collaborate with other engineering disciplines in planning, design and development of systems to ensure software and hardware performance and compatibility.
- Author test plans and test cases, conducting unit, integration, and system-level testing.
- Utilitize toolsets that support applications that runs in space and time partions on a real-time operating systems executing on a wide range of processor families.
- B.S. in Computer Science or applicable engineering or science field,
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on professional experience
- MUST BE A US Citizen and able to obtain a clearance
- Must be willing and able to be an active contributor (developer) in any of the software life-cycle phases.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex problems using operating system data, test software and instrumented code directly at the C/C++ level.
- Demonstrated proficiency in C++ and object-oriented SW development .Delivered working production software in a rigorous software environment.
- Experience using the Qt/QML Framework for user interfaces.
- Familiarity with data networking concepts, programming and troubleshooting
- Demonstrated ability to fully build target SW from source files
- Familiarity with using GIT/ GITLAB
- Strong analytical skills in defect analysis and resolutions.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker with strong technical background
- Successful verbal and written communication skills in a distributed collaborative environment
- FAA Part 107 Certificate
- Experience using the PX4 environment, preferably on small autonomous system.
- Experience in embedded C applications for real-time OS platforms
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with multithreaded software
- Able to parse & reverse engineer complex code base to rapidly determine subtle errors in data communications within and outside target HW & SW
- Able to lift 25 lbs occasionally
- Able to travel to remote locations for typically 2-3 weeks at a time approximately 4 times per year.
- Keywords : Qt, QML, C++, small UAS, pixhawk, PX4, HMI, GUI, Part 107, RC aircraft
Job Ident #: