UAS Maintenance Technician
Amazon Prime Air •
We’re working on the future. If you are seeking an iterative fast-paced environment where you can drive innovation, apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve extreme-scale real world challenges, and provide visible benefit to end-users, this is your opportunity. Come work on the Amazon Prime Air team!
We’re looking for a UAS technician who combines technical skills with a passion for maintaining machinery and aircraft. We’re looking for people who innovate and love solving hard problems. You will work hard, have fun, and of course, make history!
A UAS technician is responsible for UAS maintenance and routine service, ensuring the aircraft conforms to design, and that vehicles are in safe operating condition. This candidate is expected to work closely with engineering, flight operations, and other Prime Air teams to deliver on their assigned responsibilities. This individual should possess strong analytical skills, be a self-starter, and work well independently.
Export Control License: This position may require a deemed export control license for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Placement is contingent on Amazon’s ability to apply for and obtain an export control license on your behalf.
· Mechanical and electrical integration or assembly experience
· Basic engineering knowledge: mechanical, electrical, software
· Experience in installation of sub-assemblies and assemblies while working to drawings or CAD files
· Having the ability to perform precision work with hand tools
· Practice “clean as you go” and have great organization skills
· Able to work with minimal supervision and with ambiguity
· Demonstrated analytical, written, and oral communication skills
· Experience using Microsoft Office and Linux
· Familiar with Python or other scripting languages
· Experience in aerospace or robotics
· Possess FAA Airframe and Power plant (A&P) License
· Experience creating CAD files based on loose specifications
· Experience in the aviation industry, as well as a private pilot and Part 107 license
· Driver’s license and clean driving record
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC