Pickett and Associates, Inc. •
The UAS Operator will help with aerial data capture, mapping, imaging and photography projects.
This position is responsible for the safe operation of our UAS, data acquisition hardware and software systems.
- Serve as primary resource for operating and maintaining and developing UAS and data acquisition sensors, and software processing systems.
- Ensure operations and maintenance procedures comply with FAA regulations, policies and directives.
- Plan and execute operations to ensure compliance with all safety policies and requirements for personnel, operations and maintenance.
- Perform field reviews to identify and coordinate project and flight plan requirements with field personnel and clients, as required.
- Provide daily status reports of activities to internal and external points of contact.
- Serve as liaison with internal and external customers, as well as suppliers and vendors, as required.
- Train other system operators, both internal and external, in the use of data acquisition equipment and software.
- Monitors commercial UAS, camera and sensor product development and industry practices; educates and recommends new technology acquisition and operations procedures to management.
- Perform sensor operator duties for manned aircraft, both LiDAR and imagery, as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the LiDAR Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in aviation, computer science, GIS or related field from an ABET accredited school. (preferred)
- FAA Private Pilot's license. (preferred)
- Must hold FAA Part 107 license. (required)
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in Unmanned Aircraft Systems or remote control aircraft, with emphasis on data acquisition, and system operation.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with aerial remote sensing devices, and sensors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in both verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service orientation, as well as the ability to work well with the team members in all aspects of the job performance.
- Demonstrated knowledge of UAS flight programming software, imagery processing software and mastery of Microsoft Office Software.
- Knowledge of GPS, UAS systems and sensors, and integration methods for those systems and sensors.
- Proficient in logistics, organizing daily and weekly plans, PC application design software, as well as surveying/drafting principals and methods.
- Knowledge of FAA UAS regulatory environment, regulations, UAS maintenance requirements and documentation.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC