This role must ensure customer objectives and requirements are met or exceeded, while assets are available to meet customer operations tempo. The UAS Pilot must also ensure safe flying environment by adhering to all directives, regulations and procedures, and planning and executing all mission tasks.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary. The pilot will:
- Advise/assist the customer on all matters pertaining to the daily operations involving the unmanned aircraft system of record.
- Possess extensive experience with stated systems, preferably with Selex systems hardware in service with DOD agencies worldwide.
- Have significant interface with customer personnel at all levels, excellent communication skills – both oral and written.
- The primary task is that of a pilot.Tasks include, but are not limited to, providing on-site pilot expertise in daily flight operations, responsibility for all safety aspects on ground and airborne, maintaining currency, briefing customers on system capabilities, and coordinating operations with appropriate agencies.
- Be proficient in the use of technical publications, company publications and aircraft systems to diagnose and address malfunctions.
- Provide crew leadership for any anomalies or emergency situations within the ground control station.
- Provide advice and assistance on the use of and interpretation of Technical orders, Engineering Change Proposals and other related technical publications.
- Provide clear and concise mission data elements and be able to translate into monthly reporting formats, as well as any local civil authority reporting requirements.
- Provide liaison through which information related to aircraft and operational problems can be quickly disseminated to operational and maintenance personnel.