- Bachelor’s Degree with 3years related experience, or
with a degree in Unmanned Systems related sciences/curriculum
- Or an Associate’s Degree with 5years related
- Or High School/equivalent with 7years of related
- Private Pilot Certificate
- Airframe and Powerplant Certification
- Aerosonde AO, FCC, or MT1 Certificate of Competency
- Aerosonde Operator/Maintenance Instructor Certificate
- Army qualified Instructor Operator
- NATOPS Instructor or Evaluator
- Consideration will be given to candidates with a
strong training or instructional background in addition to aviation
- Successful completion of the Aerosonde Initial
Qualification Training Course of Instruction for both the operator and
maintenance roles is a condition of continued employment on this
- Background in formal schoolhouse or DoD training
- Experience with working on aviation flight lines.
- Experience with multimedia development programs such
as PowerPoint, Photoshop, etc.
- Manned aviation or UAS experience is required. Prior
qualification as an Aerosonde or other tactical UAS Operator or Maintainer
is highly desired. UAS Instructor qualified rating is preferred.
- Candidate must be able to safely and effectively
perform the duties of an operator and maintainer without supervision
including flight line operations, ground equipment setup and logs and
- Ability to coordinate flight schedules, maintenance
schedules, resources, inventory management, and other aspects of
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills and
networking are required.
- Strong attention to detail in administrative
requirements and reporting accuracy required.
- Must communicate effectively with internal and
external customers both verbally and in writing, and possess strong
- Strong organizational skills are necessary.
- Prior deployed experience as a UAS crewmember a
- Amount of travel dependent on contract award, during
periods of high instructional demand, candidate will be stationed at
- During periods of high operational demand, candidate
may be expected to deploy up to 50% of the time to various sites around
- Relocation to Blackstone, VA required
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to
obtain/maintain a government security clearance within 90 days of hire.
Possession of current DoD secret clearance preferred.
Must currently possess at least one
of the following certifications:
Licenses / Certifications:
Must possess or be able to gain Operator/Maintenance
Instructor qualification/certification to perform the duties of a UAS operator
and/or maintenance instructor. FAA licenses or certificates such as private
pilot, commercial pilot, instrument rating, CFI, CFI-I, A&P, IA are highly
desirable. Recent deployed experience as an Aerosonde Crewmember is highly
Preferred Position Requirements:
Occasional lifts or pulls of up to
50 pounds are normal and the physical requirements include stooping, kneeling,
crouching, crawling, reaching, climbing, handling, fingering, and feeling.
Though many of the working locations are in covered or climate controlled facilities,
the applicant may be required to work in extreme hot or cold temperatures in
multiple environmental climates.