UAV Software Architect
Boeing Company •
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing subsidiary, is seeking Software Architect to contribute to the development of next-generation autonomous aircraft. Our contributions to the aerospace industry include the world-record breaking Orion aircraft, the first fully autonomous helicopter, a flying taxi and a solar plane to name a few.
In this role, you will be part of a highly collaborative environment in which you will work independently on a multi-disciplinary team to design and develop flight and/or mission-critical onboard software for UAV systems. As such, candidates must have excellent communication and organizational skills and the desire to take on new tasks and develop new skills.
- Candidates must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or a Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder).
- Education Requirements: B.S. and Preferably M.S. in One of the Following Engineering Degrees
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Science
- Relevant Discipline
- Interest and Working Knowledge Normally Include a Mix of:
- UAS or Autonomous Vehicles
- Ground or Airborne Mission Systems
- Air Traffic Control and Interfaces to the national networks
- Flight Sequencing Protocols and Optimization
- User Interface design considerations and user task management
- Task handoff with positive control
- Model-Based Design and/or Model-Based Test
- Software that is distributed across geography with multiple levels of safety up to and including
- C/C++, Qt, or Java
Typical Applicants will have the following background
- Exceptional experience in the field of architecture, developments, and deployment of safety critical applications.
- Extensive knowledge of practices and procedures related to real-time distributed architecture.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC