UAV Technical Specialist/Engineer
LS Technologies, LLC •
- Conduct studies to evaluate the feasibility of using UAS technologies to inspect and maintain NAS facilities (e.g. towers) using UAVs
- Evaluate the ability of sUAS onboard sensors, electrical systems, radio frequency systems, camera technology, and software to be used to perform inspections of FAA infrastructure, such as towers, power lines, facilities, etc.
- Evaluate the potential impact to NAS operations, systems, services if UAV's are used to support airport operations
- Assist with identifying policy issues and concerns between UAV usage and on-airport operations and work to resolve them
- Propose and support development of use-case scenarios for using UAV's for FAA internal operations, such as security perimeter checks, pest removal, regular maintenance, etc
- Review and assess various models for conducting inspections of FAA equipment and facility using UAS technology
- Evaluate UAV hardware and software capabilities to produce 2D and 3D models of NAS facilities
- Research and develop draft inspection plans per use-case. Ensure requirements are met and that appropriate policy discipline is applied
- Assist with developing data management plans and policies
- Collaborate with internal and external organizations, vendors, and other government agencies on various drone usage project concepts and potential use-options and recommendations
- Support the iterative development and refinement of requirements
- Coordinate with other teams performing related UAV work to support related inspection development initiatives.
- BS in Engineering or related field
- Knowledge of the various types of drones and their capabilities, to include Detect and Avoid technologies, Counter UAS, RF Command and Control, on-board payloads and limitations.
- 10 plus years of UAV experience, e.g. Fixed wing, Vertical Take-Off and Landing (VTOL), multirotor, single rotor
- Experience with flight control technologies;Experience with UAV onboard payload hardware and software
- Experience with utility or telecommunication tower inspections;
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC