UST Ground and Practical Instructor
The UST Instructor (Unmanned Systems Training Instructor) is responsible for the delivery and/or development of UST courses via a variety of methodologies (eLearning, traditional instructor-led, practical). The Instructor measures the progress of Client(s), objectively, with the established curriculum and acts as a SME to research and support the development of UST ground, or practical training products by performing the following duties:
Position will be remote with travel to training locations as needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver training to FlightSafety International clients in accordance with FlightSafety International Instructor Performance Standards via a variety of methodologies (LiveLearning, traditional classroom, hands on training, eLearning, etc.).
- Maintain Instructor qualification in accordance with FlightSafety International’s Quality Management Systems (QMS) processes and procedures.
- Develop, utilize, maintain and revise ground school, and practical lesson plans and training publications in accordance with FlightSafety International Instructor Performance Standards.
- Act as subject matter expert (SME) for UST courses.
- Plan, design and incorporate strategies to encourage active learning, interaction, participation and collaboration.
- Maintain training material (electronic and various media forms) in a current state at all times.
- Utilize Customer&39;s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Checklists, etc. during training, when requested or required.
- Attend scheduled team meetings.
- Assist in qualifying and maintaining qualifications for UST Instructors
- Perform administrative duties relative to training such as preparing for the delivery of training, record keeping, monitoring customer progress, training development and maintenance of training programs.
- Report to UST PM/DOT/DOS or the Operations Lead any Customer training problems (poor performance, Customer/Instructor conflicts, excessive tardiness, etc.).
- Report to UST PM/DOT/DOS or Operations Lead any Instructor training problems (poor performance, lack of skills, attitude, knowledge and ability).
- Maintain FlightSafety International&39;s commitment to Customer satisfaction while performing job duties.
- Interact within a cooperative environment through beneficial behavior, commitment to common goals, contribution to problem solving, communication of ideas and suggestions, and encouragement to other employees and departments.
- Accountable for the security of FlightSafety International’s materials, projects and business information regarding the methods and techniques used in the production and usage of FlightSafety International’s products.
- Accountable for the accuracy and completeness of assigned tasks.
- Adhere to a required work schedule, including prompt and regular attendance.
- Report, on a timely basis, any safety hazards observed in work area, equipment, and/or building to appropriate person(s) for correction.
- Participate in the Quality Management System (QMS) activities at assigned site and adhere to the processes related to accomplishing the site&39;s QMS goals.
- Participate in Learning Center Safety Management Systems (SMS) activities including: supporting and promoting the safety culture, reporting all aviation safety-related issues via the feedback system, and adhering to the processes related to accomplishing SMS goals.
- Support FlightSafety International&39;s and its subsidiaries&39; commitment to ethical behavior by basing our priorities on lawful and ethical conduct as we deal with co-workers, Customers, vendors and others in all of our operations. (See Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002)
- Work with the courseware development teams, as required, to provide needed SME and/or peer input.
- Current FAA Part 107 license, required.
- Minimum three (3) years’ practical experience in maintenance of aviation/UAS/RC (commercial, military, or hobby), required. (MX instructor only)
- Associate&39;s degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school, preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years commercial, military, or hobby experience in aviation/UAS/RC operation in a variety of settings and scenarios. Equivalency years’ experience substitution must be in related field, required. (Pilot instructor only)
- Experience teaching / training, preferred.
- Experience researching, developing, and acting as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for courseware development, preferred.
- Minimum of one year experience as an Instructor in Unmanned Systems Training (UST), preferred.
- Experience delivering online training, hands-on training to included ground school and practical training, preferred.
- A&P technician certificate, preferred. (MX instructor only)
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Fluency in English, through both verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read and write.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Positive attitude toward training products, new delivery methodologies and the ability to implement these in a timely manner.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management in a professional manner.
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules and high-pressure situations.
- Ability to use strategies and techniques that actively engage Clients in the online learning process.
- Ability to research and improve his/her knowledge of a variety of unmanned products
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Results oriented with a proven ability to handle multiple tasks while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to make oral group presentations to provide information or explain procedures, etc. via traditional and distance learning delivery methodologies.
- Ability to work as a part of a team and in collaboration with teammates.
- Ability to communicate with people of various social, cultural, economic and education backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and follow through on assignments with minimal direction.
- Ability to handle rapid changes in conversation involving difficult questions while teaching a challenging subject.
- Ability to engage customers/clients on a professional level and establish a dynamic discussion in a challenging training environment.
- Bilingual, preferred.
- Tablets, PC/Mac and/or compatible computer with printer
- Various office equipment.
- WebEx, Goto Meeting or alternative collaboration platform experience preferred
- General knowledge of the following software: MS Office, preferred
- Other software programs may be required, as needed.
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC