Become an UAS Pilot for Skytec, LLC
Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, Skytec is an aerial data acquisition, analysis, and consultation business. Skytec uses the latest commercial UAS technology to serve a wide customer base with mapping, inspection, and aerial data services. We are led by a team of proven entrepreneurs, technology experts, and aviation professionals who are seeking passionate and driven individuals to join our team.
We are currently looking for an experienced FAA Part 61/107 licensed pilot(s) with a sense of adventure and a love of cutting-edge technology to join our team as a Full-Time UAS operator. The chosen candidate(s) will be responsible for flight operations and field data collection with advanced remote sensing and imaging technologies. Previous FAA Part 61 flight experience is preferred, but not required. Candidates with prior experience or firm understanding of remote sensing, surveying, and digital imaging concepts is preferred. If you want to help guide and shape the emerging UAS industry and enjoy a fast paced, high-energy environment, this is the opportunity to join our team.
This is a Full-Time position.The chosen candidate(s) will be trained on the latest UAS equipment, as well as operator software and then travel to client sites across North America and beyond. Operators will be responsible for the safe launch, management, and successful recovery of UAS and the necessary data those systems obtain.
- Performs with clear integrity consistent with Skytec’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Actively participates in all aspects of Skytec Safety Management System (SMS).
- Coordinates and participates inallground and flight operation effortsfrommissionplanning through tomission completion.
- Act as UAS Remote Pilot in Command (RPIC) or Visual Observer (VO), as required.
- Ensures the operation is compliant with all FAA regulationsand guidelines within the Skytec Operations Manual.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of Skytec.
- Achieves and maintains a high level of proficiency in all manner of operations for UAS.
- Ensure that all aircraft, sensors, and equipment are maintained and documented per OEM or additional Skytec requirements.
- Must develop and maintain strong working relationships with aircraft and sensor manufacturers.
- Other tasks as directed by Skytec management.
- Frequent travel to remote locations and parts unknown required.