Seeking strong Avionics professional with 8+ years experience troubleshooting complex avionics systems on commercial aircraft avionics. Compensation will vary depending on number of years of experience and educational background. An Associates or Bachelor's in Avionics, Engineering or Aviation Maintenance is preferred but not required. Candidate must have A&P (Airframe and Power Plant) license as well as a high school diploma or GED.
This role is responsible for performing avionics testing, troubleshooting, repairs, operational checks, installations, modifications, inspections of avionics systems, and using ground test equipment. Must be able to read and interpret aircraft wiring diagrams, schematics, technical publications and understanding of FARs and avionics systems operation.
- Ability to travel upwards of 50% both domestically and internationally - Has passport
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proficient in diagnosing, troubleshooting, testing, maintaining, and installing various aircraft and avionics systems, including working with navigation systems
- Perform the removal/installation of avionics components, fabricate wire harnesses, perform avionics system installations, make wire terminations, perform wiring ring-outs, and perform functional tests of complex avionics systems
- Perform installation and functionally testing of electrical/avionics components and systems on aircraft engineering specifications, drawing, and maintenance manuals
- Ensure a defect free system and accurately complete documentation on data and all modifications
- Complete various tests on electronic systems and components
- Install and maintain avionics systems and component in accordance with Company policies and procedures, manufacturer's manuals and FAA requirements
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning avionics systems as well as inspect, clean, and test avionics systems
- Demonstrate strong technical skills and expertise in avionics and aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting
- Ensure all work performed on the aircraft is properly and completely documented and ready for inspection
- Generate related aircraft maintenance work forms and records as well as advise and assist with engineering and avionics modifications
- Assist in the development of Company work cards and procedures relating to avionics systems testing and maintenance
- Ensure quality and efficiency of all installations troubleshoots processes/concepts to provide timely, quality repairs of malfunctioning systems
- Demonstrate the skills and knowledge required to effectively and efficiently repair or replace defective components and wiring to ensure installations meet conformity
- Demonstrate effective repair techniques using acceptable practices including splicing, soldering and pinning of wiring
- Utilize various tools, including oscilloscopes and complex avionics test equipment including but not limited to TCAS testers, IFR testers, etc.
- Perform and comply with engineering changes and modifications as required
- Set up and operates necessary test equipment
- Conduct functional and operational tests to evaluate performance and reliability